• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Do Vendors Access The Backend? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• MrLknowles
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:33 PM #1

Hi all, trying to set up a test vendor account. 

Found this tutorial but it's incorrect. 
https://kb.cs-cart.c...vendor-account 

Firstly it says that when you sign up as a customer there is a button to apply for a vendor account under the "my account drop down" this is incorrect, there is no such option in the drop down. 

secondly, I created a vendor account manually in the backend to bypass this, but where does the vendor login to the backend? 

I tried logging in to the admin.php backend but it says incorrect user or password, and the same for vendor.php. 

Have I got the wrong vendor backend links, or is there some other problem. 

• MrLknowles
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:43 PM #2

Just to add - I have both boxes ticked that customers can apply and vendors automatically become administrator accounts.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11368 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:23 PM #3

[your_domain]/vendor.php

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19709 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:29 AM #4

Hi all, trying to set up a test vendor account. 

Found this tutorial but it's incorrect. 
https://kb.cs-cart.c...vendor-account 

Firstly it says that when you sign up as a customer there is a button to apply for a vendor account under the "my account drop down" this is incorrect, there is no such option in the drop down. 

You read docs for old versions

If the Vendor plans addon is disabled, use the following URL

index.php?dispatch=comanies.apply_for_vendor

If this addon is active, use

index.php?dispatch=companies.vendor_plans

It can be added as new item to quick links menu

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• imago
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:56 AM #5

The question was how to access the vendor backend if there is no link to it in the vendor administrator's account.

And yes, I have changed the name of vendor.php

The answer to this question in the bug tracker was the usual - it was so designed that the vendor admins could not access their backends.

https://forum.cs-car...-control-panel/

Or it was agreed that we buy an expensive addon providing these links?

https://store.webkul...dor-Bridge.html

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19709 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:04 PM #6

Why you cannot just add links to vendor area to e-mails?

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• imago
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:18 PM #7

Why you cannot just add links to vendor area to e-mails?

I can, of course, but this is not an option for a commercial software. Seems that many features have been inherited from the single-vendor cart or mechanically transported to the MV and MV Plus. But they don't work in the new conditions.