Cart-Power Add-On: Smart Image Cropper

Friends, we have updated Smart image cropper add-on!

The Smart Image Cropper add-on allows you to bring images in an online store to one standard automatically or manually, using a friendly editor really fast. You will not only save time, but also give the storefront a finished look that will positively affect the conversion.

How does it work?

Smart image cropper add-on crops all images for objects in CS-Cart (products, options, blog, logos, etc.) and improves thumbnails.

Thumbnails before improve:

Thumbnails after improve:

If you upload a big non-proportional product photo, the add-on automatically finds main part of image and crops it, according to the ratio settings. You can set final resolution or just crop white background.

If you don't want to use bulk image auto cropping, you can skip it for certain object images:

Manual mode is also available for editing images in a couple of clicks:

Manual mode allows to set desired image area as a thumbnail or full image, rotate it and flip horizontally or vertically.

Add-on Features:

- Works with all images: product, categories, blog, options, logos, variation, banners, etc.

- Fully compatible with such add-ons as Power blog, Images gallery, Collections etc.

- Crops images automatically.

- Improved image thumbnail display (without empty spaces).

- Advanced crop mode with such features, as images rotation and flip.

- Images size auto-correction when uploading images in the store or crop them.

- Ability to select object to crop images for.

- Skip auto crop feature.

- Skip auto crop field in import/export.

- Ability to delete generated thumbnails.

- Ability to replace original image when you crop image manually.

Support:

Learn more in add-on documentation.

Need modifications or any assistance? Please, feel free to contact us via HelpDesk system.

Upgrades:

6 months of the free upgrade period included.

Compatibility

• CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor versions 4.3.x - 4.15.x

• Works correctly with the popular themes YOUPI and UniTheme.

Buy Smart Image Cropper add-on now

Перейти в обсуждение модуля на форуме на русском языке.

Best regards,

Cart-Power

Dear friends,

We’re glad to inform you about our Smart image cropper add-on update.

Key features:
1. New functionality added, bugs fixed.
2. Ability to crop any images in your store.
3. Completely compatible with other Cart-Power add-ons. Now you can crop images, which are used by other add-ons.
4. Image size auto-correction when upload or crop them.
5. Advanced crop mode with such functionality, as images rotation and flip.

You can find more information on the official add-on page and in the updated docs.

Best regards,

Does this work for 4.10.2?

Hello!

Does this work for 4.10.2?

Thank you for your interest in our add-on.

No, unfortunately, the add-on is not compatible with the latest version of CS-Cart / Multi-Vendor. We will release the proper version approximately in a month.

Best regards,

Hello!

Thank you for your interest in our add-on.

No, unfortunately, the add-on is not compatible with the latest version of CS-Cart / Multi-Vendor. We will release the proper version approximately in a month.

Best regards,

And make a demo if possible. I am interesting also.

Thanks!

Hello!

We are redeveloping the demo system and we will prepare the proper adjustable version of the demo as well.

Best regards,

Any upgrades coming for MV 4.11

Dear Gert,

Thank you for your message.

We plan to update the add-on compatibility till the end of February.

Feel free to contact us if any questions arise.

Thank you.

Friends, we’ve updated Smart image cropper add-on.

What’s new?

- Fully compatible with CS-Cart 4.10.x, 4.11.x.

- Ability to update via the CS-Cart Upgrade Center.

- Ability to select object to crop images for.

- Skip auto crop feature.

- Skip auto crop field in import/export.

- Ability to delete generated thumbnails.

- Ability to replace original image when you crop image manually.

Updated documentation.

Please, feel free to ask any questions.

Cart-power.

We purchased and installed this addon, but it crashed our site. I think when trying to clean up the thumbnails it overloaded things. We are trying to be patient in waiting for it to clear up, but we can't let the site be down too long just to install this addon.

Is there any recommendation on how to install this addon without breaking everything? We would like to use it, but it seems like it slows things down incredibly.

Any advice is appreciated.

In past some other addons from their collection also made problems to my site..

We purchased and installed this addon, but it crashed our site. I think when trying to clean up the thumbnails it overloaded things. We are trying to be patient in waiting for it to clear up, but we can't let the site be down too long just to install this addon.

Is there any recommendation on how to install this addon without breaking everything? We would like to use it, but it seems like it slows things down incredibly.

Any advice is appreciated.

We are sorry that you face this issue.

Please contact our support team through your account in the HelpDesk system of via sales@cart-power.com.

We will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Cart-Power

Will the images also be cropped if uploaded by a vendor account in MV?

This will be my only motivation in buying the add-on - I know how to crop, they dont or dont care

Will the images also be cropped if uploaded by a vendor account in MV?

This will be my only motivation in buying the add-on - I know how to crop, they dont or dont care

good question

Gert and Beads,

I tested this in our test environment and, yes, it crops the vendor images. That said, I don't recommend buying this addon yet. Every time I try to activate it in our marketplace it crashes the site from runaway php processes. Our marketplace has TONS of images (which is expected in a marketplace) and I'm not sure if this addon is designed in a way to handle scale without slowing down the site or crashing it.

I'm currently working with Cart-Power development to see if they can resolve the issue. They tried once already and it didn't work.

I'll report back with an update. I'm holding out hope they can fix it because we would really like to use it if it works properly without slowing things down.

Gert and Beads,

I tested this in our test environment and, yes, it crops the vendor images. That said, I don't recommend buying this addon yet. Every time I try to activate it in our marketplace it crashes the site from runaway php processes. Our marketplace has TONS of images (which is expected in a marketplace) and I'm not sure if this addon is designed in a way to handle scale without slowing down the site or crashing it.

I'm currently working with Cart-Power development to see if they can resolve the issue. They tried once already and it didn't work.

I'll report back with an update. I'm holding out hope they can fix it because we would really like to use it if it works properly without slowing things down.

Thank you Jlinc for your feedback, i am also interested in this addon so i will wait to see if things will go better.

Does this just crop from the centre or does it get a focal point first and crop around that focal point?

Hi jlinc!

Did the addon end up working correctly in your marketplace. We need it also but I need to hear a positive feedback before buying and risking things to crash. Please let me know!

Thanks

Gert and Beads,

Hey, is there any fix for this yet?

I purchased, and the exact thing has happened to me today: "runaway PHP processes" and a crashed site.

Any advice how to fix this would be great?

@jlinc

@Cart-power

Gert and Beads,

Friends, the add-on was updated!

What's new:

[+] - A log of cropped images with the ability to search through it was added.
[+] - A page with a queue of images for cropping with the ability to search by it was added.
[*] - The add-on settings are now common for all storefronts.
[!] - When starting image processing by CRON, images might not be cropped. Corrected.