• You cannot reply to this topic

Confused About Shipping Methods Rate Topic   - - - - -

• pepo1
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:45 PM #1

Refer to attachments.

Administrator has created 4 main shipping methods and assigned them to vendor.

However, vendor cannot adapt these methods at all, apparently. This is necessary because vendors come from different parts of the country and will have different values for each of these methods.

How do I allow vendor to change only the prices of existing shipping methods and thereby create a new method for themselves?

Update: Its ok, I figured it out!

Attached Thumbnails

• ship1.png
  • ship2.png

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19593 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:52 AM #2

I am afraid it will be required to create separate shipping methods for each vendor

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• pepo1
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:28 PM #3

I am afraid it will be required to create separate shipping methods for each vendor

The way it seems to work is:

1) Admin creates shipping methods but does not apply them to vendor

2) Vendor creates new shipping method. In the "Shipping Charges" tab, vendor has access to admin's methods, and can adapt them to create new ones for themselves.

3) Vendor's newly adapted methods appear at checkout.

The only problem I've seen so far is that if the vendor comes back later and tries to create another shipping method, the previous ones don't have their values repopulated and revert to zero. So, if the user clicks "Save" after creating new method, it saves the other ones with zero value. Looks like a bug to me.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11338 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:14 PM #4

I would report that behavior as a bug in bugtracker.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.