Links On Vendor Admin Pages

We're about to launch but I want to make it a little easier for vendors to find out how to do something, e.g. on the "Edit product" page under the "Options" tab, it would be great to add a link, something like "How to create product options" linking to a page.

Is this something I could do myself?

We're about to launch but I want to make it a little easier for vendors to find out how to do something, e.g. on the "Edit product" page under the "Options" tab, it would be great to add a link, something like "How to create product options" linking to a page.

Is this something I could do myself?

Hello!

Yes, you need to edit this file: design/backend/templates/views/products/components/products_update_options.tpl

And please, do not show your admin or vendor script name.

Hello!

Yes, you need to edit this file: design/backend/templates/views/products/components/products_update_options.tpl

And please, do not show your admin or vendor script name.

Thank you for that. The whole vendor backend actually needs a proper help system. I'm getting someone to test the marketplace before launch and they're just lost. I really don't want to launch without something in place to help new vendors on the spot, rather than clicking away to some tutorial list.

I notice on the dashboard main page, there is a "Need Help?" button. Where is the code for this? I want to try and create something similar for other pages in the vendor admin.

Thanks!

needhelp.PNG

Thank you for that. The whole vendor backend actually needs a proper help system. I'm getting someone to test the marketplace before launch and they're just lost. I really don't want to launch without something in place to help new vendors on the spot, rather than clicking away to some tutorial list.

I notice on the dashboard main page, there is a "Need Help?" button. Where is the code for this? I want to try and create something similar for other pages in the vendor admin.

Thanks!

Hello!

You need the design/backend/templates/addons/help_tutorial/hooks/index/actions.post.tpl file.

By the way, look through the help_tutorial add-on, you can find something useful for you own help system.

Hello!

You need the design/backend/templates/addons/help_tutorial/hooks/index/actions.post.tpl file.

By the way, look through the help_tutorial add-on, you can find something useful for you own help system.

That is EXACTLY what I need! Thank you for that suggestion!

For anyone else, the add-on is here: https://store.webkul.com/CS-Cart-Extended-Video-Tutorials.html

We wrote our own…

https://oneofakindonlineshop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

We wrote our own…

https://oneofakindonlineshop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Yeah, we have a tutorial page, quick start guide, faq page etc, but when the vendor is in the admin panel trying to figure things out, it would nice to have a help tab right there, rather than making them switch screens and find what they need.

By the way, after using the Webkul version, I realise that they only permit two videos per dispatch. However, the products.update dispatch has so much information on it that it needs more. I asked Webkul if it were possible to adapt it to make two videos available for each sub-tab on a dispatch page, i.e. for the products.update dispatch, each of the following sub-tabs:
  • General
  • Images
  • SEO
  • Options
  • Shipping Properties
  • Quantity discounts
  • Files to sell
  • Subscribers
  • etc
That'll cost me $150 for them to make that changes. Any other developer interested in quoting can message me their quote.
Or tell me how I can do it myself. I'm a ColdFusion developer for 20 years, not PHP, but I'm sure I can figure things out.

This is an old topic but we realize we also need an Add-on that will allow us to create a multiple universal help page that will appear in one of the Vendor Panel menu.

I have not seen any Add-On so far in the Marketplace and I wonder how the majority of you guys provide this vital help page for your Vendors within your system.

We all want our vendor's to be well informed in particular with the "Basic Know How" to start using their Vendor Panel in order for them not to get lost in the first attempt.

Is there any Developer out there interested to develop this Add-On? Let me know who's keen and provide me the detailed plan proposal on how you do it and if we like your design proposal let us discuss the cost incurred to complete it.

Please contact us to discuss details of such addon

This is an old topic but we realize we also need an Add-on that will allow us to create a multiple universal help page that will appear in one of the Vendor Panel menu.

I have not seen any Add-On so far in the Marketplace and I wonder how the majority of you guys provide this vital help page for your Vendors within your system.

We all want our vendor's to be well informed in particular with the "Basic Know How" to start using their Vendor Panel in order for them not to get lost in the first attempt.

Is there any Developer out there interested to develop this Add-On? Let me know who's keen and provide me the detailed plan proposal on how you do it and if we like your design proposal let us discuss the cost incurred to complete it.

Please feel free to contact us here for a quote.

Please contact us to discuss details of such addon

I just sent you the initial details. Please note that I will also solicit proposal from other developers to shortlist the better idea and approach how the vendor help page should look like. I prefer a rich feature vendor help page that is flexible and dynamic.

Please post all your requirements here

Hi,

We are facing issue to edit cms pages, when we are trying to put blocks in description content, its showing "Please select store", We are using multi vendor addon. Can anybody help us to fix this issue?

Thanks !!

It looks like a bug. Please contact support team

I edit this setting

https://prnt.sc/UwahfQ8K2s_8

still I am unable to see design tab in vendor panel