• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

USPS Realtime International over 4lbs checkout problem... Rate Topic   - - - - -

• kearnyshop
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:28 AM #1

Hello CS-Carters, We have a ticket in on this, but we thought someone may know or have received a fix already. Thanks to the many great posts on this forum and the super CS-Cart product, the install & configure of our cart has been very smooth, no problems until now. We sell from USA to Overseas mostly, so we are different from most stores. We ship heavy items, overseas - USPS Global Express, Airmail Parcel Post, and Global Economy Surface.
------------------------
We use PC, Opera 8.5, CS-Cart 1.3.3
Our BUG REPORT or Config Problem -
We have setup our USPS shipping with the USPS user ID and have been put on the USPS production server OK.
Under Admin, Shipping Settings, USPS, we have International set as "Package"

***All realtime methods seem to work OK below 4lbs *** But when the weight of an item raises above 4lbs, only USPS Global Express realtime works at checkout, no matter what country (we tried Taiwan, Japan, Canada).

At checkout: Global Express always works OK, over 4lbs. But not Airmail Parcel Post or Global Economy - they do not show.
---------------------------------------
Thanks so much everyone & long live CS-Cart!
Early Bender-Werth , www.hifitown.com

• ilookfab
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:02 AM #2

GLobal Priority will only accept packages under 4 pounds - go to USPS website and learn more about this service

• kearnyshop
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:18 PM #3

GLobal Priority will only accept packages under 4 pounds - go to USPS website and learn more about this service

Hello, Global Express (EMS), Airmail Parcel, & Global Economy Surface (starts a 5lbs) are all services that go over 4lbs (usually 44 to 66lbs depending on country). We really use USPS alot (I pour through the USPS IMM daily) Yes, Global "Priority" is only for really small boxes & up to 4lbs and we rarely ship that way. We're a bit odd & the way I see it now, realtime USPS is the only good way for us. Postage for a single box to Japan - for instance can be anywhere from $30 to $200 or more. Flat rate doesn't do so well for overseas.

Best Regards to all, Early

PS: I also wanted to thank Disneyana for those really helpful instructions on the setup of USPS user ID. That's the best synopsis I've seen on the net & we should get the CS-Cart team to insert that in the manual (if they have any time!).

• Chicago-BM
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:41 PM #4

I'm also getting a similar problem. I cannot use Airmail Parcel at all, becauase on item over 4lbs, it doesnt show up, and on lighter things, it gives the rates for Airmail Letter Post, not Airmail Parcel Post. Any ideas?

• kearnyshop
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:22 AM #5

I'm also getting a similar problem. I cannot use Airmail Parcel at all, becauase on item over 4lbs, it doesnt show up, and on lighter things, it gives the rates for Airmail Letter Post, not Airmail Parcel Post. Any ideas?

Yes, good news! The CS-Cart team got back to me right away with a very easy fix. You go to the mentioned "Upgrade Database" section of your admin.
Of course if you have any important info in your SQL, I would do a backup first (I didn't yet).
--I submitted one line at a time, figuring It might be safer.

Here's the message from the CS-Cart team:
We've found a misprint in our database. Please go to "Upgrade center" page and execute the following queries in "Update database" section:

update cscart_shipping_services set usps_code='Airmail Parcel Post' where usps_code='Airmail Letter Post';

update cscart_shipping_services set usps_code='Economy (Surface) Parcel Post' where usps_code='Economy (Surface) Letter Post';

-----------------------------------------
Good luck with your store, Early