• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Setup Category Pages? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• BigWorld
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:21 AM #1

How to setup category pages?

I think this is simple problem but I am unable to find the solution in the manual. I would like to create a product categories page and link it the product category button.

At the moment I can use the main drop-down product menu for finding the correct products or departments when scrolling through with no problems. But when I click on the main “Product Menu” button it redirects me to 404 page instead of a product category page. What I would like to do is build and link a products list page with product category titles and pictures to the main “Products Menu” button.

I am sure this is not a difficult task I just need the correct set of instructions.

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3605 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:37 AM #2

I think this is simple problem but I am unable to find the solution in the manual. I would like to create a product categories page and link it the product category button.

At the moment I can use the main drop-down product menu for finding the correct products or departments when scrolling through with no problems. But when I click on the main “Product Menu” button it redirects me to 404 page instead of a product category page. What I would like to do is build and link a products list page with product category titles and pictures to the main “Products Menu” button.

I am sure this is not a difficult task I just need the correct set of instructions.

Hello!

Please could you make a screenshot of the "Products Menu" button?

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21741 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:35 AM #3

Please share URL of product page. Looks like the issue is caused by 3rd party theme

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• BigWorld
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:52 AM #4

Hello!

Please could you make a screenshot of the "Products Menu" button?

I have attached the screen shot with the arrow pointing to the button. Ultimately I would like to be able to click on the Product Menu Button/Course Categories Button and have it take me to a page with all the categories listed under a pictures in a grid form.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21741 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:58 AM #5

I have attached the screen shot with the arrow pointing to the button. Ultimately I would like to be able to click on the Product Menu Button/Course Categories Button and have it take me to a page with all the categories listed under a pictures in a grid form.

Sorry, but I do not see any screenshots

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• BigWorld
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:10 AM #6

Sorry, but I do not see any screenshots

Hopefully this will attach.

Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails

• Simtech 1.png

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21741 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:50 PM #7

If the menu was created manually and not generated from the list of categories, please check menu item URL on the Design -> Menus page in the admin panel