Leave Order Note To Each Vendor Separately

Hi there,

It seems, that currently when making order from multiple vendors user can send only single comment to order in the checkout and all the vendors will see it.

It’s highly problematic - it may be ambiguous, and there’s problem with disclosing private information to too much recipients.

Is there any way to leave comment per vendor order?

Thanks!

Check communication modules on the marketplace. They allow customer to send personal messages to vendors

Check communication modules on the marketplace. They allow customer to send personal messages to vendors

Thanks, it may make sense in some situations, but I'd just like to make use of what's already there - since each order is divided into many orders depending on the number of vendors that customer is buying from, and each order has 'customer comments' field it's logical to allow to attach a note separately to each vendor.
I don't want to encourage too much comms between customers and vendors, just the ability to add a comment eg. about the shipping or a particular product that should reach specific vendor.

Unfortunately the order isn't split until AFTER it is submitted.

Most customers don't care who the vendor is and can't really see in checkout who the vendor of a particular product is.

My opinion is that the best approach would be to create "Product notes" where a customer would see a list of product names in place of the 'notes' field and clicking the name would open a pop-up to input a comment on that product. When the vendor orders are created, the product notes related to that vendor would be place into the notes field for that vendor's order.

Not complicated but takes some understanding of cs-cart hooks and how MVE comes into the equation. What you choose largely depends on your environment. With lots of items per order, it can become ugly to look at (long lists or many different links).

Thanks, it may make sense in some situations, but I'd just like to make use of what's already there - since each order is divided into many orders depending on the number of vendors that customer is buying from, and each order has 'customer comments' field it's logical to allow to attach a note separately to each vendor.
I don't want to encourage too much comms between customers and vendors, just the ability to add a comment eg. about the shipping or a particular product that should reach specific vendor.

I agree with tbirnseth. Additional custom development work is required in this case

We are also at your service. Contact us to get a free quote.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

Hi,

Normaly must this function in the main menu... it is not fair for each small things to buy a new addon...

Hi,

Normaly must this function in the main menu... it is not fair for each small things to buy a new addon...

You can post it to the bug tracker as feature request. Possibly CS-Cart developers will add this functionality to next versions

Cs-Cart Multivendor isn't an ideal, it is just a good platform that has basic features. Sure that they will add lots of essential modules in the future updates, but if your business can't wait, third-party companies are ready to help.