• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Options Rate Topic   - - - - -

• lkimanzi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:10 PM #1

I have a product with 20 different sizes, I would like for each to show as an option.
Currently with the price field for this group of items left blank (on General info from admin panel) the message [Contact us for price] is displayed to the customer.How can I get rid of the "contact us for price" ? Alternatively, how do I get nothing to be displayed on the price field unless a valid option is picked for this group of items.
This is what I mean.....

http://www.atlanticw...category_id=182

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:10 PM #2

looks like it's working as you descripbed, did you fix this?
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• lkimanzi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:38 PM #3

No its not working as desired. Am getting the 0.00 price to show on the invalid item "Click to Select-->" I would like to use this text just as a placeholder to ensure that customers always consciously make a selection for an item and that a valid item does not appear by default.

Alternatively I can do away with the placeholder text if the "Contact us for price" did not show for unpriced items. Thanks

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:05 PM #4

I know that a while back there was some discussion of if the price was $0.00 than istead of a price it would just show as "free"

The link to the discussion is http://forum.cs-cart...light=price = 0

I am sure that you can adapt this to have it say what you want. I have never tried this so I won't be any help.

Also as long as a selection is made everything works fine. Even if there is no selection made the product is still added to the cart, but with a $0.00 amount.

Hopefully this was some help.

Brandon

• lkimanzi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:15 AM #5

I think I'll go with leaving it to show a price of 0.00 for my place holders. Thanks for the replies.