• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lost administrator permissions Rate Topic   - - - - -

• LexisClick
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:43 AM #1

Hi

New to CS Cart. Got it up and running fine. All of a sudden we have lost administrator privileges. E.g. Can't see Import / Export options. Update/Save button not shown when editing products / categories etc.

Looking at the templates the display of these options are controlled via a call to exim access properties. Over the last few days I have uploaded a mysqldump file from another server onto the server that cscart is installed on. All I can think is that the mysqldump has overwritten a common database referenced by cscart.

CSCart was not installed on the other server, so there aren't any obvious conflicts.

Does any one have any ideas? I have logged a ticket with the helpdesk, but no response yet and this is quite urgent as we need to get the site up and running asap.

Thanks

• kbrand
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:41 PM #2

New to CS Cart. Got it up and running fine. All of a sudden we have lost administrator privileges. E.g. Can't see Import / Export options. Update/Save button not shown when editing products / categories etc.

I'd like to know if you got this resolved. I have the same problem, all of a sudden submit type buttons are gone... CS-Cart v.1.3.5-SP1

Tried removing .htaccess, chmoding, changing templates, facing east and staring at it but no luck.

Did you get it fixed?

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:57 PM #3

I doubt this is the reason for your problems but check the privileges for your admin membership. Go to Admin-Memberships and then click the "Privileges" link and you can check/uncheck which items that membership has access to.

Like I said, I doubt this is causing your problems but it is worth a look and may resolve at least some of the issues.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:07 AM #4

I've looked under the Administrators and there is no Privledges tab I can see - a little more help please...

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:06 AM #5

Look under "Users" on the left side of your admin home page.

Click "Memberships" and then next to Administrator is Check Privileges.
[SIZE="1"]Seamlessly Upgraded to 1.3.5sp4 from 1.3.4sp3
Live: Playboy Collectors Gallery
(Adult)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]LOOKING FOR A FEW COPIES OF THE NEW LITHUANIA PLAYBOY ISSUES...AND COLOMBIA ISSUES.....
FEEL FREE TO Private Message Me....THANKS[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Slightly Modded Default Red | Zardos Lightbox | Sitemap | Multicards Payment Mod |
Cart & Checkout Pages Modified |
[/SIZE]

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:09 AM #6

Look under "Users" on the left side of your admin home page.

Click "Memberships" and then next to Administrator is Check Privileges.

If he has a limited account he shouldn't be able to see what you've mentioned?
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:51 PM #7

very true Jesse....

sometimes the obvious eludes me
:)
(Adult)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]LOOKING FOR A FEW COPIES OF THE NEW LITHUANIA PLAYBOY ISSUES...AND COLOMBIA ISSUES.....

[SIZE="1"]Slightly Modded Default Red | Zardos Lightbox | Sitemap | Multicards Payment Mod |
[/SIZE]

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:08 AM #8

So did anyone figure this out yet? For some reason I all of a sudden am having the same problems. I can't figure it out. I would really appreciate any help.

Brandon

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:01 PM #9

Well I figured out what was wrong with my permissions and I figured I would share my findings.

While trying to get a mod configured correctly I checked the check box "activate membership" in my account management. Clicking this checkbox for some reason limited my access.

Luckily for me I was able to login with a different admin account, click on my original admin account in the account management and then deselect the checkbox.

After this everything is fine.

I hoped this helped

Brandon

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:09 PM #10

brandon,
i think i have seen this situation popup a few times. that looks like a good idea..
to create 2 accounts will full privileges...
(Adult)[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:25 AM #11

I actually set up the other account for other reasons, but I am happy that I did since it was a big help for this problem.

The other solution that could be possible is to use S-Combs admin solution that modifies the database that was posted a while back. I don't remember the thread, but I posted a link to it a while back. If anyone is having this type of problem and doesn't have 2 accounts than I am sure they could search back a ways and find the thread.

Brandon

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:45 AM #12

Brandon-

Did you report this as a bug? It sure sounds like one.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)