Vendor Plans Payment Module

how do u take payment for a vendor plan, i couldnt find any integration for the same on MVE.

How will vendors pay for a plan they want to choose ? There should be a mechanism to use Payment Gateways for the same.

how do u take payment for a vendor plan, i couldnt find any integration for the same on MVE.

How will vendors pay for a plan they want to choose ? There should be a mechanism to use Payment Gateways for the same.

We suggest you to use hidden products for this functionality. But the plans should be activated manually in this case

this sucks what is the use of this feature then if payment cant be taken from it.

sometimes it feels that cs-cart team doesnt think through about the features they implement, most of them are half made solutions, and then the users have to rely on finding some one who will complete functionality.

this sucks what is the use of this feature then if payment cant be taken from it.

sometimes it feels that cs-cart team doesnt think through about the features they implement, most of them are half made solutions, and then the users have to rely on finding some one who will complete functionality.

We will think about such a module. Thanks

That's because they don't get requirements from customers and don't review their design/implementation with customers before they implement. They've forgotten about that part of the Agile Development Process.

thats very strange for a product org to make a product for which they dont know the requirements and what the customer expects.

We will think about such a module. Thanks

Please let us know as soon as have such module created. The fact that it does not exist boggles the mind. As one person said whats the use of halfway creating a feature without thinking it through or even including the involvement of the community.

+1

The issue as I understand it is that merchants use a variety of payment methods and not all can be done by the merchant themselves. I.e. it requires customer (vendor) interaction or some type of subscription billing service.

So the only way to do this and cover all the methods would be to generate an order and then tell the vendor to go pay it within a certain period of time to keep (or start) their account active (though that management doesn't exist in the cart).

How that payment is processed is a function of the payment provider. Do they support subscriptions (recurring billing)? Can the merchant initiate without consent of the vendor? These are all payment provider policies and vary widely.

So my guess would be that you'd have one payment method for vendors and one for customers. The vendor one would generate a recurring billing at the payment provider while the customer one would not. I don't think there is currently a way to show providers by cart AREA (customer/admin). The vendor payment method might be able to be "hidden" and still used in Admin.

This is awful to see... people asked for vendor plans, so CS-Cart just created a different version of User Groups and called it Vendor Plans. The whole idea is that your vendors sign up, subscribe and pay for their account without doing anything more.

I dont think the owners of Etsy are manually setting up payment plans for their sellers...

Considering Paypal and Stripe both work with MultiVendor, they both support subscription payments too and would be quite simple for CS-Cart to set this up.

As someone above said, they build something to just meet the basic request and never think things through.

I have a client wanting to use vendor plans, so will build a plugin to work with Stripe for them, and be happy to share it when done.

1 Like

I have a client wanting to use vendor plans, so will build a plugin to work with Stripe for them, and be happy to share it when done.

I will buy this plugin from you!

It's completely ridiculous that they have an amazing Multi-Vendor edition that has really good commission and payment plan option, with no actual way to receive that money from your vendors. What the heck?! I just bought MVE and just realized that now as we're setting it up. I'm really upset about this.

1 Like

I don't find the options for a vendor plan to be "really good commission and payment plan option". There are only 3 things you can do with any vendor plan that I'm aware of:

1) Keep or assign the full shipping amount

2) Keep or assign the full payment_surcharge

3) Use a flat rate on everything other than shipping and payment_surcharge.

While those 3 are important, seems to me that much greater flexibility is needed. Specifically:

1) Allow for a separate commission amount for shipping amount and shipping_freight

2) Allow for a separate commission for payment_surcharge

3) Allow for products/categories to have an optional commission set individually by product/category

And then...

4) Add option for a "transaction fee" on a per order or per product basis instead of (or in addition to) monthly billing.

5) Provide an "escrow" mechanism so any payout will be delayed by some number of days after some status change (I.e. don't pay till 10 days after vendor ships to ensure customer receives shipment).

6) As you say, provide for initial payment/enable of vendor

7) Provide for recurring charge for monthly billing.

8) Provide automated "payment" mechanism (or at least payment after review).

9) Provide a real "journal" type vendor account ledger that can be constrained by date and/or payout status.

Just a few observations.

Aww man, this thread was getting interesting... and then the posts just stop.

I want to see the end of the story here.

(since I just paid over $1000 on this product.)

The Vendor Plan is half baked feature of CS-Cart, tbirnseth points would make the Vendor Plan more useful if only there will be an initiative that all those points aforementioned will be added, just saying.

1 Like

Multi-Vendor 4.8.1 will have the add-on that allows you to collect debts and payments for plans from vendors. Please check out this article in the documentation and its related articles for details. We recently published a video about the add-on.

Multi-Vendor 4.8.1 will have the add-on that allows you to collect debts and payments for plans from vendors. Please check out this article in the documentation and its related articles for details. We recently published a video about the add-on.

Hi,

So what if we use cs-cart as catalog but stil want charge vendors (or traders that use the plateforme to promote their products) ?

1 Like

Hi EcomLabs, did you build addon for this? Please let me know.

Unfortunately, no. We can create the modification for you on the paid basis. If you are interested, feel free to contact us