• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uninstall Or Disable Addons For Clean Database Export Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:23 PM #1

Dear members I turn to you for advice.

I want to upgrade to a new store with the new theme but with the existing data / database for continuation of our current store.

I am not changing the domain, just wish to upgrade to the latest version of CS Cart and get rid of a few addons we do not intend to have running when we make the transition to a new theme.

Now... I heard that we should uninstall all the addons before creating a backup that we can use in a new "clean" store. But what about just disabling all third party addons instead of unstall all of those addons ?? Will that not do the trick as well ?

What should I do ?

running CS Cart V4.10.3.SP1 

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3632 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:24 AM #2

Dear members I turn to you for advice.

I want to upgrade to a new store with the new theme but with the existing data / database for continuation of our current store.

I am not changing the domain, just wish to upgrade to the latest version of CS Cart and get rid of a few addons we do not intend to have running when we make the transition to a new theme.

Now... I heard that we should uninstall all the addons before creating a backup that we can use in a new "clean" store. But what about just disabling all third party addons instead of unstall all of those addons ?? Will that not do the trick as well ?

What should I do ?

Hello!

Why do you need to uninstall the add-ons? You will lose all the data added by these add-ons.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:09 AM #3

Hello!

Why do you need to uninstall the add-ons? You will lose all the data added by these add-ons.

Well I do not plan to use a few third party add-ons (not all but a few) in our new store setup with that new theme.

For instance I  have a few add-ons that only provide a few additional functionalities not actually content or seo data that I do not require.

As for actually you questions on why I need to uninstall, that would be the primary reason. But if there is another easier way then I am all for it.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22537 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:10 AM #4

There is no need to uninstall these modules. You can just disable them

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:49 AM #5

There is no need to uninstall these modules. You can just disable them

Thanks for this reassurance, I may not install of the addons but just a few I am employing right now and the ones that I plan to use again I do plan to install unless that would be absolutely nescessary.

Besides some customizations from you guys I have these add-ons currently employed

The addons that I want to use in the store that should replace our live store are the once we have store / domain license for.

1. EZ Admin Helper (tbirnseth's work)

2. EZ Common Addon Tools (tbirnseth's work)

3. HW (Hungry Web) A-Z Product Catalog

4. HW (Hungry Web) Product Tabs Extra

5. HW Random Products
6. WSA The total weight of order (free addon)

7. 4 Sprung - Advanced SEO Suite V5.2

8. Alt Team guest checkout - let registered customer checkout like guest with registered email of registered account

9. Alt Team stock filter

10.Cart Power Auto Cart Recalculate

11. Searchanise

12. Simtech - Full page cache not to be confused with SimtechDev

13. PayNL - payment module

14. HW Sortable Picker

15. Theme Hill Font Awesome

16. SimtechDev - Cart sharing

17. SimtechDev - reCaptcha..

18. HW Custom Shipment Carriers and Tracking Number Progress

19. CSCart Rocks - Canonical SEO URL

20. Cart Taki - Blog Addon

21. eCom Labs - PDF invoice

22. HW (Hungry Web) Custom Code

and a few addons that belong to our current theme we use "Graceful".

The ones in bold I plan to use again in the new store, the other not

• proodie
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 05:51 PM #6

I am unable to disable addon it is just loading .Even not showing any message.

https://prnt.sc/219yhgd

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12139 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 11:21 PM #7

Determine the name of the addon from the app/addons directory.

Then fire up phpMyAdmin and find the row in the table cscart_addons.  There will be a column named 'status'.  Change the 'A' to 'D'.

That should disable the addon.

To the OP, disabling is a database activity.  Uninstall will remove any installed 'theme' files but any 'backend' templates will remain.  The old cs-cart would remove/install backend admin files, but that functionality was removed for some unknown reason.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22537 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 04:33 AM #8

I am unable to disable addon it is just loading .Even not showing any message.

https://prnt.sc/219yhgd

Please check server error logs for error details

The old cs-cart would remove/install backend admin files, but that functionality was removed for some unknown reason.

Since backend templates are not stored in repository, they were never deleted, even on older versions

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12139 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 08:30 PM #9

Please check server error logs for error details

Since backend templates are not stored in repository, they were never deleted, even on older versions

I beg to differ.  V1 and V2 cs-cart used to install the 'admin skins' and 'customer skins' from the 'skins_respository'.  There was the 'basic' skin which had 'customer' and 'admin' folders.  There was no 'backend' / 'frontend' in cs-cart in V2 and V3.  There were 'customer' and 'admin' controllers.  Apparently the names were changed to protect the innocent, there was no other value to a customer, only an upheaval for addon developers.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22537 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 04:48 AM #10

I beg to differ.  V1 and V2 cs-cart used to install the 'admin skins' and 'customer skins' from the 'skins_respository'.  There was the 'basic' skin which had 'customer' and 'admin' folders.  There was no 'backend' / 'frontend' in cs-cart in V2 and V3.  There were 'customer' and 'admin' controllers.  Apparently the names were changed to protect the innocent, there was no other value to a customer, only an upheaval for addon developers.

Oh, you are right. It was too long ago :)