Uninstall Or Disable Addons For Clean Database Export

Dear members I turn to you for advice.

I want to upgrade to a new store with the new theme but with the existing data / database for continuation of our current store.

I am not changing the domain, just wish to upgrade to the latest version of CS Cart and get rid of a few addons we do not intend to have running when we make the transition to a new theme.

Now... I heard that we should uninstall all the addons before creating a backup that we can use in a new "clean" store. But what about just disabling all third party addons instead of unstall all of those addons ?? Will that not do the trick as well ?

What should I do ?

Dear members I turn to you for advice.

I want to upgrade to a new store with the new theme but with the existing data / database for continuation of our current store.

I am not changing the domain, just wish to upgrade to the latest version of CS Cart and get rid of a few addons we do not intend to have running when we make the transition to a new theme.

Now... I heard that we should uninstall all the addons before creating a backup that we can use in a new "clean" store. But what about just disabling all third party addons instead of unstall all of those addons ?? Will that not do the trick as well ?

What should I do ?

Hello!

Why do you need to uninstall the add-ons? You will lose all the data added by these add-ons.

Hello!

Why do you need to uninstall the add-ons? You will lose all the data added by these add-ons.

Well I do not plan to use a few third party add-ons (not all but a few) in our new store setup with that new theme.

For instance I have a few add-ons that only provide a few additional functionalities not actually content or seo data that I do not require.

As for actually you questions on why I need to uninstall, that would be the primary reason. But if there is another easier way then I am all for it.

There is no need to uninstall these modules. You can just disable them

There is no need to uninstall these modules. You can just disable them

Thanks for this reassurance, I may not install of the addons but just a few I am employing right now and the ones that I plan to use again I do plan to install unless that would be absolutely nescessary.

Besides some customizations from you guys I have these add-ons currently employed

The addons that I want to use in the store that should replace our live store are the once we have store / domain license for.

1. EZ Admin Helper (tbirnseth's work)

2. EZ Common Addon Tools (tbirnseth's work)

3. HW (Hungry Web) A-Z Product Catalog

4. HW (Hungry Web) Product Tabs Extra

5. HW Random Products
6. WSA The total weight of order (free addon)

7. 4 Sprung - Advanced SEO Suite V5.2

8. Alt Team guest checkout - let registered customer checkout like guest with registered email of registered account

9. Alt Team stock filter

10.Cart Power Auto Cart Recalculate

11. Searchanise

12. Simtech - Full page cache not to be confused with SimtechDev

13. PayNL - payment module

14. HW Sortable Picker

15. Theme Hill Font Awesome

16. SimtechDev - Cart sharing

17. SimtechDev - reCaptcha..

18. HW Custom Shipment Carriers and Tracking Number Progress

19. CSCart Rocks - Canonical SEO URL

20. Cart Taki - Blog Addon

21. eCom Labs - PDF invoice

22. HW (Hungry Web) Custom Code

and a few addons that belong to our current theme we use "Graceful".

The ones in bold I plan to use again in the new store, the other not

I am unable to disable addon it is just loading .Even not showing any message.

https://prnt.sc/219yhgd

Determine the name of the addon from the app/addons directory.

Then fire up phpMyAdmin and find the row in the table cscart_addons. There will be a column named 'status'. Change the 'A' to 'D'.

That should disable the addon.

To the OP, disabling is a database activity. Uninstall will remove any installed 'theme' files but any 'backend' templates will remain. The old cs-cart would remove/install backend admin files, but that functionality was removed for some unknown reason.

I am unable to disable addon it is just loading .Even not showing any message.

https://prnt.sc/219yhgd

Please check server error logs for error details

The old cs-cart would remove/install backend admin files, but that functionality was removed for some unknown reason.

Since backend templates are not stored in repository, they were never deleted, even on older versions

Please check server error logs for error details

Since backend templates are not stored in repository, they were never deleted, even on older versions

I beg to differ. V1 and V2 cs-cart used to install the 'admin skins' and 'customer skins' from the 'skins_respository'. There was the 'basic' skin which had 'customer' and 'admin' folders. There was no 'backend' / 'frontend' in cs-cart in V2 and V3. There were 'customer' and 'admin' controllers. Apparently the names were changed to protect the innocent, there was no other value to a customer, only an upheaval for addon developers.

I beg to differ. V1 and V2 cs-cart used to install the 'admin skins' and 'customer skins' from the 'skins_respository'. There was the 'basic' skin which had 'customer' and 'admin' folders. There was no 'backend' / 'frontend' in cs-cart in V2 and V3. There were 'customer' and 'admin' controllers. Apparently the names were changed to protect the innocent, there was no other value to a customer, only an upheaval for addon developers.

Oh, you are right. It was too long ago :)