• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Better Product Tabs: Anchor On Product Tabs. Rate Topic   - - - - -

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:16 AM #1

I can see an advatage for having Anchor for Product tabs.

For example:

A customer sends us an email asking about a product, "So whats included the package?"

This question is already answered on the [Package Contents] tab of the product.

Instead of us answering the enquiry directly, we could provide a link to the [Package Contents] tab of the product, rather than the product's [Description] tab.

So instead of the customer having to click the [Package Contents] tab, it would open directly from the link. There could be a [Anchor] Field on the Editing tab: page that would append to the end of the URL.

EG instead of just opening the product page:

www.mystore.com/my-product

This link would open the Tab of interest:

www.mystore.com/my-product/#package-contents

If it helps with SEO, perhaps even use:

www.mystore.com/my-product/package-contents

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18358 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:54 AM #2

You can use the following URL:

www.mystore.com/my-product/?selected_section=package-contents#package-contents

E.g.

http://demo.cs-cart....atures#features

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:05 AM #3

Ok, thanks eComLabs for your input.. as usual always helpful.

Would the URL string be Case Sensitive?

I cant get that to work. I even added a "package-contents" Anchor into the Tabs content

The Title of the Tab is "Package Contents" ... tried all combinations, even using ... /?selected_section=Package%20contents#package-contents

Even if manually adding the anchor can be made to work somehow, my Feature Request is for the anchor to be generated automatically from the Tab Title, and maybe/hopefully show in the URL bar when the tab is opened by visitor.

This would make for easy copy and paste of the URL into emails etc to send customers links that open the tab automatically.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18358 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:51 AM #4

Yes, it is case sensitive. Please try the following URL

https://carphone.com...#product_tab_17

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:47 AM #5

Thanks, yes that does work.

It will however be quite a time consuming process to add a quick-link to reference when need to use it later.

And its not really an SEF url. It would be good to have the anchor generated automatically from the Tab Title, and maybe/hopefully show in the URL bar when the tab is opened by visitor.

cheers

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18358 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:52 PM #6

Thanks, yes that does work.

It will however be quite a time consuming process to add a quick-link to reference when need to use it later.

And its not really an SEF url. It would be good to have the anchor generated automatically from the Tab Title, and maybe/hopefully show in the URL bar when the tab is opened by visitor.

cheers

Unfortunately, there is no such ability at the moment

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:07 AM #7

Another subtle feature that would be so useful to admins (well this admin anyway).  ignored.

Wondering if any of the SEO addons incorporate this feature?