Usps Integration Help

Is anyone familiar with the ins and outs of configuring the USPS API integration? We ship exclusively in rectangular boxes ranging anywhere from inches 6L x 6W x 4H up to maybe 48 on the long dimension. Weights could range from about 1 pound to 25 pounds. We use "priority international" and "priority" (both of which I see in the interface) but mostly "retail ground" (which unfortunately I do not see).

When configuring USPS shipping methods, fields for length, height, width and girth appear on the configure tab. I am confused as to what CS-Cart (actually the USPS module) does with these values. There are fields for dimensions in the product record. Are the values entered in the shipping configuration default values that will be used if the product does not contain shipping dimensions?

They use them to calculate "dimensional weight". I.e. a box of pillows can be more expensive than 20lbs of lead due to the space they occupy in the cargo bays.

They use them to calculate "dimensional weight". I.e. a box of pillows can be more expensive than 20lbs of lead due to the space they occupy in the cargo bays.

Hi Tony. Thanks for reply. What happens when there is a difference, as there will generally be for us, between dimensions on configure tab and dimensions in product record?

Don't know. I'm guessing you would get an additional charge/credit from USPS to your account (assuming you are using realtime rates).

Don't know. I'm guessing you would get an additional charge/credit from USPS to your account (assuming you are using realtime rates).

Thanks.