Product Data Feed Is All Messed Up

Hello All,

I'm trying to export product data and feed to Google Merchant Center. The Description column is incomplete, and is spewing over into other columns such as Price, Image Link, Product Link, brand, mpn, Availability, etc..in other words data is all over the place. There's no uniformity of data across various columns. Please help, this very frustrating. I have tons of products that need exported to Google Shopping.

Thanks

This has popped up before when people don't import with the correct delimiter.

Hi

When you export you will need to select the "comma" delimiter for CSV.

Barry

Hello All,

I'm trying to export product data and feed to Google Merchant Center. The Description column is incomplete, and is spewing over into other columns such as Price, Image Link, Product Link, brand, mpn, Availability, etc..in other words data is all over the place. There's no uniformity of data across various columns. Please help, this very frustrating. I have tons of products that need exported to Google Shopping.

Thanks

In

app/controllers/backend/exim.php

Find

fn_define('DB_LIMIT_SELECT_ROW', 30);

change the 30 to a higher number, this worked for me.

Best Regards

John

To BarryH's point, here's what the settings look like: See attached.

To John's poing, I changed the value from 30 to 31, but no change. I also tried changing from 30 to 50, still nothing worked.

Capture.JPG

This is a bug with CS-Cart, it has been going on for years. I opened a ticket before and recently with CS-Cart but never heard back from them. I increased the number from 30 to 100 so less products are being affected.

If you are using default settings and say you have 3000 products, you will not be able to submit 200 of these products.

I wrote a custom fix myself and that's how I'm getting away with it but it requires lots of leg work and server configuration. If you know how to get away with cronjobs, here is my code.

Use with caution, I don't provide support or guarantee that this will work for you, just giving you something to start fixing your feed.

$new_file = fopen(“var/files/1/google.txt”, “w”);

$i = 0;
foreach($x as $line)
{
if($i > 0)
{
$y = explode(“\t”, $line);
$product_id = $y[0];

if(!preg_match("/&sc_intid=".$product_id."$/", $line))
            {
                    $new_lines = explode("&sc_intid=".$product_id, $line);
                    fwrite($new_file, $new_lines[0].PHP_EOL);
                    fwrite($new_file, $new_lines[1].PHP_EOL);
            }
            else
            {
                    fwrite($new_file, $line.PHP_EOL);
            }
    }
    else
    {
            fwrite($new_file, $line.PHP_EOL);
    }

$i++;

}

fclose($new_file);

I'm not sure why ferrero didn't post here but this is the reply I got in a PM concerning this issue.

Hello All,

I was able to fix problem thanks to someone else' suggestion.

If anyone was wondering..Go to Data Feeds > under Enclosure field add " and that will fix it.

Thanks

Hello all,

I was able to fix the issue. Go to Data Feeds > under Enclosure field add " and that will fix it.

Thanks to all of you for chiming in.