• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Make City And State As Dropdown List In Cs Cart? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• cseamiya
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:21 AM #1

When customer goes to my checkout page then there is state and city list but you have to give. i want to know that how to make it dropdown?

Thank you

• Muxacb73
  • CS-Cart
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:12 AM #2

Dear cseamiya,

A modification will be required to add this functionality. Our software is highly customizable as it provides an open access to the source code. It means that you or any third-party developer will be able to make any changes and modifications.

Please have a look at our developer documentation. It will help you to get to know CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor architecture:

Also, we have over 250 registered partners. They provide custom development and web design services for CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor:

They will be glad to help you with this modification.

Thank you.

Mikhail Koruhov,
CS-Cart Team
CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Themes | Become a Developer

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2609 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:49 PM #3

Check the topic http://forum.cs-cart...wn-select-city/

Also, we can help you. Contact us.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

ADD-ONS  |  Web development service  |  Web design  |  Page speed increasing  | Server Optimization

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1250 (14% off)   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 345 (13% off)

Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam    

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18477 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:44 AM #4

Our team is also at your service if you do not find a solution.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:14 PM #5

Probably bloatware but is there any mod that has the customer enter their zipcode and the city and state are automatically filled in like Fedex.com does?

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2609 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:02 PM #6

Probably bloatware but is there any mod that has the customer enter their zipcode and the city and state are automatically filled in like Fedex.com does?

Check the existing add-ons on Marketplace.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

ADD-ONS  |  Web development service  |  Web design  |  Page speed increasing  | Server Optimization

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1250 (14% off)   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 345 (13% off)

Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam    

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:20 PM #7

Check the existing add-ons on Marketplace.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

Awesome, Thank You Alt Team

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:11 PM #8

What do you do when zip spans multiple cities?  Very common in US.  Not sure about other countries.  Not an issue for 'state', but for 'city', you'll have to change the UI from input text to select (or radios) if there's more than one city within a zip code.  Just make sure whatever addon you choose fully handles the variety of different postal code/city relationships in various countries.  And if they use a 3rd party service (most likely), make sure that the service provider stays current with the updates since zip code boundaries constantly change.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:27 PM #9

What do you do when zip spans multiple cities?  Very common in US.  Not sure about other countries.  Not an issue for 'state', but for 'city', you'll have to change the UI from input text to select (or radios) if there's more than one city within a zip code.

Fedex gives you a list of all the cities that use that zipcode and you select which one applies.  I tried to add an image by using the url of a screen shot but it doesn't let me.  https://www.policest...ll?d=1520886334

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:41 PM #10

Fedex gives you a list of all the cities that use that zipcode and you select which one applies.  I tried to add an image by using the url of a screen shot but it doesn't let me.  https://www.policest...ll?d=1520886334

the point I was trying to make (sorry if I wasn't clear) is to make sure that any addon you use to provide this capability 

1) uses a 3rd party data supplier that is reliable and current

2) handles multiple cities in a single zip code properly

I have no investment in any of the addons that may be provided to support "fill from zip".  Just suggesting that you verify it's done right before you invest.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:44 PM #11

the point I was trying to make (sorry if I wasn't clear) is to make sure that any addon you use to provide this capability 

1) uses a 3rd party data supplier that is reliable and current

2) handles multiple cities in a single zip code properly

I have no investment in any of the addons that may be provided to support "fill from zip".  Just suggesting that you verify it's done right before you invest.

Okay, I understand. Thank You. 

• stasok
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:00 PM #12

When customer goes to my checkout page then there is state and city list but you have to give. i want to know that how to make it dropdown?

Thank you

You need to edit base tpl. Cities loading by type letter.

Best cs cart theme UniTheme and YoupiTheme!
Want discount? Write me private.
Cs-cart customisation services.