How To Include Product Filters On Socalled Dispatch Pages

All the following pages:

index.php?dispatch=products.on_sale

index.php?dispatch=products.newest

do not have product filters, is there way to change this withou having to amend the core files?

You can check out our On sale products page addon which works with product filters perfectly.

You can check out our On sale products page addon which works with product filters perfectly.

Louis, it still says V4.2, I am already on 4.5.2

Louis, it still says V4.2, I am already on 4.5.2

Hi, please check on the Compatibility tab and it supports up to the latest CS-Cart version which includes 4.5.2. Also all the addons marked with 4.x compatibility on our site support the latest CS-Cart version.

All possible locations for filters are hardcoded in the app/functions/fn.catalog.php file

$valid_locations = array(
            'categories.view',
            'product_features.view',
            'companies.products',
            'products.search'
        );

Try to add new locations here. If it does not help, additional code modification will be required

Hello all

I added a new layout page under Design>Layouts in order to change the layout of the page products.newest. I chose "custom" under dispatch and then enter products.newest but it doesn't show any effect on the front end.

See print screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl5nis01ks26bck/Screenshot%202017-09-28%2010.34.44.png?dl=0

Would be nice if it worked that way.

Thanks for you inputs.

Regards,
Lawrence

Try to add the Main content block to this location and check

All the following pages:

index.php?dispatch=products.on_sale

index.php?dispatch=products.newest

do not have product filters, is there way to change this withou having to amend the core files?

Did you manage to do this?

I have added the filters to 'Sale' and 'New in' pages by adding locations to app/functions/fn.catalog.php file.

The filters show on the page but when user selects filter it doesn't update the product shown on the page.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Try to add the Main content block to this location and check

I have also added the locations to app/functions/fn.catalog.php and added the main content block
The filter doesn't update the product shown on the page.

Any updates on this topic would be appreciated

As I said in my post, additional code modifications are required in this case.