• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wordpress Blog Vs Cs-Cart Blog Rate Topic   - - - - -

• cool999
  • Trial users
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:33 AM #1

URGENT HELP IS REQUIRED.

I am not able to decide whichone is better (Wordpress or CS-CART) and what is the benefit.

I know everyone says wordpress is best from SEO perspective.

Also I would like to know what is better blog.sitename.com or www.sitename.com/blog ??

• cool999
  • Trial users
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:42 AM #2

Anyone to help??

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:03 AM #3

We ran numerous tests and concluded having a blog in a subdirectory is better for SEO than having a blog on a subdomain because it seems like the blogs content gives more ranking juice to the domain and thus the stores content. 

In terms of security of course it's not as great as having an individual (sub or not sub) domain.

As for which system to use: think about what you'd like to do with your blog: do you want it to be a complete blog that people would also visit if it did not have a store behind it? Or do you just want to add some content to your site so your store gets more visitors / seo juice? If the first, go for wordpress. If the last, use cs-cart.

Hope this helps :)

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1582 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:20 AM #4

If you want to have Wordpress style layout: Blog extender

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq