• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Filter Operation Rate Topic   - - - - -

• orangejuice
  • Trial users
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:19 PM #1

Hi
I want to be able to use filters to show items that have a feature but not i the way it currently works in the demo.
As an example, If Product A is assigned a feature Wool and Product B is assigned a feature Cotton. Normally, the multiple filter would provide checkboxes where the user selects either wool and /or Cotton and those items are displayed. However I want something a bit different.
In my case I want the feature to be an exclusion, so created feature with label 'Free from' and then assigned Product A and Product B in the same way as above.
However, on the front end when the user selects Wool and Cotton then both products are displayed, I would want no products to be displayed.
I think the problem is that the filters operate with and OR not a AND.
Any ideas please?

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1605 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:15 PM #2

Hello! 

Hi
I want to be able to use filters to show items that have a feature but not i the way it currently works in the demo.
As an example, If Product A is assigned a feature Wool and Product B is assigned a feature Cotton. Normally, the multiple filter would provide checkboxes where the user selects either wool and /or Cotton and those items are displayed. However I want something a bit different.
In my case I want the feature to be an exclusion, so created feature with label 'Free from' and then assigned Product A and Product B in the same way as above.
However, on the front end when the user selects Wool and Cotton then both products are displayed, I would want no products to be displayed.
I think the problem is that the filters operate with and OR not a AND.
Any ideas please?

This is the default behavior of the filters and changing of this behavior is a serious enough modification of the core installation files. Please, pay attention to the app/functions/fn.catalog.php file (please, see the screenshot): http://joxi.ru/p27R3JkHMk9Dm7

But we recommend you to contact us or any other developer and ask for a quotation to this modification.

Best regards,

Cart-Power.com / Cart-Power.ru (sales@cart-power.com) offers you:
CS-Cart add-ons :: CS-Cart themes :: CS-Cart development :: CS-Cart license
Работаем с англоязычными и русскоязычными клиентами (work with English-speaking and Russian-speaking customers)

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2651 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:49 PM #3

We have an experienced team of PHP developers. Contact our CS-Cart developer to get a free quote.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

ADD-ONS  Web development service  | CS-Cart dedicated developers

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1250 (14% off)   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 345 (13% off)

Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam