• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Host Is THE BEST? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:28 PM #81

Teksigns

Your problems were due to coding issues and missing files and had nothing to do with our MySQL settings on that server. The attached text file will show this. MySQL was dropping your connections simply because, your custom scripts could not process the information within the allotted time which is more than adequate for any well written PHP script.

Just for your information; Our wait_timeout value on that machine is 20, not 10 as you have wrongly posted above in your complaint. This has proven to be more than adequate for every other client on that server.

Increasing that value higher than needed will do nothing more than create bottlenecks and greatly slow MySQL performance because of the higher number of stale or dead processes that would be remaining longer. That could also allow a poorly coded script 'such as the one you were attempting to run', to consume much higher than necessary resources for extended or indefinite periods of time.

My partner David was trying very hard to accommodate you with these non standard requests however, you became very impatient and even rude in your replies and demands when he didn't fully understand what you needed. In his defense; He does fully understand the various e-commerce platforms that we host but, since he is not a developer, he didn't have all the answers that you needed within your short demands. He did then bring this to my attention and asked if I could look into helping you with that broken script (bnfusa.php). I was in the process of checking our error logs and that script when you started insisting that this was due to our MySQL settings. I then started reviewing your ticket communications and noticed how impatient you were with your expectations and decided then that I didn't want anything to do with you. I told David to refund your money and send you on your way because, if you are going to act like that when receiving free additional help, what would you be like if there really was a problem?

A couple things about that custom script you are trying to run.

The first 2 lines of code it contains will tell every host that you are going to be trouble.

ini_set("memory_limit", "400M");
set_time_limit(0);

You will find no host willing to allow any single script to consume 400MB of memory and, trying to completely disable the timeout function as well in line 2 means that, this script could crash a server if not very carefully coded. If an infinite loop were present in a script with these variables, it could easily bring down a server if allowed to run for any length of time. You may want to investigate if this is why the VPS you are moving from is so awful slow.

Good luck to you in your search for hosting. I'm very sorry that we were not able to accommodate you and that it has come to this.

Attached Files

Secure Cart Hosting
[CS-Cart Optimized Solutions and Server Management]

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:46 AM #82

Hello S-Combs,

In business, confidentiality from a professional technician is always of paramount importance. Read some personal data disclosed in an attached private login file published by a professional known and loved by all makes me question their true intentions.

What this mean?

Is it an indirect warning "Be aware dear customers... If tomorrow you're not kind, I publish your private data"?

Lee Li Pop

• D-Litz
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:18 AM #83

Hello S-Combs,

In business, confidentiality from a professional technician is always of paramount importance. Read some personal data disclosed in an attached private login file published by a professional known and loved by all makes me question their true intentions.

What this mean?

Is it an indirect warning "Be aware dear customers... If tomorrow you're not kind, I publish your private data"?

Lee Li Pop

Just out of curiosity Lee Li Pop, would you be so kind as to point out exactly what you consider to be personal information?

I see nothing in Scotts reply or the attached error log text file that releases any personal information what so ever.

CyberLNC is not in the habit of bringing a client/company issue to a public forum unless the information being presented is false and needs to be corrected.

Scotts reply is in direct response to the false information that was provided in the public forum, and then giving an explanation of why the information is false and documentation to back it up.

David

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:28 AM #84

Hello David,

Is a log file is public?

If so, please give us some URLs of logs of your customers.

If this is not possible for you, then (maybe) the log files of your customers belongs to the private sphere and need not to be published.

At any condition.

Lee Li Pop

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:55 AM #85

Lee Li Pop, there is absolutely no personal or private information posted within that attachment.

I have only posted proof of the errors that existed within this account in order to prove that it was not the fault of server configuration that he publically (and wrongly) complained about.
Secure Cart Hosting
[CS-Cart Optimized Solutions and Server Management]

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:15 AM #86

Is a log file is public?

Lee Li Pop

• D-Litz
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:27 PM #87

The log file is part of the server logs for that specific server.

If anybody wishes to make their server log files public, why is that an issue with you?

That log file has absolutely no personal information stored in it...NONE...

Take a look at any of the forums out there that deal with server troubleshooting and you'll see many instances of server logs posted...

That's all they are....server logs, not personal data logs.

I just did a quick search here on the CS-Cart forums itself for "server logs"

There must be hundreds of post that show logs from various CS-Cart users.

Don’t get me wrong, you have a valid concern about what logs may contain, however this text file you seem to have an issue with...again; contains absolutely no information that could be use to obtain the identity of anything, let alone a person.

As I have already pointed out, along with Scott’s comments. The original post contained false and inaccurate information which could give current and/or future CS-Cart users bad information. This is why Scott’s posted what he did. We did not have to even reply to the post, however because we care about our current, future and the CS-Cart community. Providing accurate information on server configurations allows one to make informed decisions.

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:26 PM #88

Hello,

Would you be happy (for example) if your banker publishes your log connections, or your doctor publishes your frequency of visits to his office, on a public forum?

Just because you're in troubles with them?

In my opinion, professional technicians, like those of the hosting companies, are required to observe the strictest secrecy. As much as bankers and doctors.

At any condition.

Lee Li Pop

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:33 PM #89

If you don't get the point by now there's no point explaining further.:rolleyes:

Hello,

Would you be happy (for example) if your banker publishes your log connections, or your doctor publishes your frequency of visits to his office, on a public forum?

Just because you're in troubles with them?

In my opinion, professional technicians, like those of the hosting companies, are required to observe the strictest secrecy. As much as bankers and doctors.

At any condition.

Lee Li Pop

I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• unique2
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:29 AM #90

http://liquidweb.com/

I've had experience with a few hosting companies, and most of them don't have issues going down or anything like that. What sets them apart for me is support. And liquidweb really does have the best support I've ever encountered.

Also, the log file doesn't contain anything personal.

Just putting in my 2 cents on both topics.

• pianofo
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:56 AM #91

I have 5 domains on HOSTMONSTER
Very good support and much more:

UNLIMITED Hosting Space
UNLIMITED Site Bandwidth
Host UNLIMITED Domains

Unlimited Pop/Imap Email Accounts
SSH Access (Secure Shell)
SSL, FTP, Stats