• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Is Better? Linux Web Hosting Or Windows Web Hosting? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• RenaeFab
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:19 PM #1

Linux web hosting or windows web hosting? I want know some pros and cons of Linux and windows web hosting.

• martfox
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:45 PM #2

Linux

http://docs.cs-cart....quirements.html

CS-Cart with 1 Year FREE Web Hosting | CS-Cart optimized SSD Cloud VPS Servers from €10.00/month
VPS SSD Cloud from €10.00 *** Dedicated Servers *** CS-Cart Authorized Reseller and Web Hosting Provider

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10953 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:13 PM #3

Windoz is not officially supported for cs-cart.  Strongly suggest using Linux.  Way too much overhead in most Windoz server environments.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• poppedweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:41 AM #4

Windoz is not officially supported for cs-cart.  Strongly suggest using Linux.  Way too much overhead in most Windoz server environments.

Please choose a linux distro as I previously had a Windows server as well which caused caching problems and such. Furthermore I'd also like to point out that linux is more stable and is more secure. The only downside I could think of is that you do not have a UI as good as windows has, but that shouldn't be a big difference if we take a look at the performance gain you get from using linux.

PoppedWeb | sales@poppedweb.com | https://poppedweb.com
TurnKey Website Design | Add-Ons | Performance Audits | Dedicated Server Management
24/7 Support | Response within an hour (during working hours).

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1477 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:44 PM #5

For developmet we have some windows servers,but for production/live or demo site is highly recommended linux over windows.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:14 PM #6

Please choose a linux distro as I previously had a Windows server as well which caused caching problems and such. Furthermore I'd also like to point out that linux is more stable and is more secure. The only downside I could think of is that you do not have a UI as good as windows has, but that shouldn't be a big difference if we take a look at the performance gain you get from using linux.

You could opt for a control panel or admin helper as tbirnseth (ez-ms) calls them. I have overall decent to excellent experience with a variety of them but currently happy with WHM Cpanel on a CentOS 7 virtual box.

But you are not a real great fan of them if I am not mistaken or least a few contributors on this community forum are not.

It is Windows with an S Tony... are you typing on a Qwertz or Azerty keyboard ? :mrgreen:

CS Cart Evangelist - running CS Cart 4.7.4 in three domains

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:17 PM #7

Linux web hosting or windows web hosting? I want know some pros and cons of Linux and windows web hosting.

I have a spare VPS on my dedicated machine if you are interested.

10 Gig of dedicated memory, 2Gig of bandwidth, 30 GB and or 60 GB harddrive space for either a non control panel VPS or one with Cpanel / WHM all to yourserself with SSD drives and hosted in the neutral Switzerland.

• FDGWEB
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:10 PM #8

We have numerous clients running CS-Cart just fine under Windows .. but it does come at the expense of somewhat higher overhead and CPU.

These are WIMP configs. (Windows, IIS, MySQL, PHP)

FDG Web, Inc - Seattle Web Design : Custom CS-Cart Programming & Design | Toll-Free: 877.239.3083

Download Proposal Templates & Web Design Contract Samples

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:18 PM #9

We have numerous clients running CS-Cart just fine under Windows .. but it does come at the expense of somewhat higher overhead and CPU.

These are WIMP configs. (Windows, IIS, MySQL, PHP)

What do you do for caching ? I mean back in the day when I ran IIS it was for either a Adobe Coldfusion application server or the opensource Railo.

• ali.zamaani
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:28 PM #10

I do not have much information about linux
I saw here, I said to ask you
I would like to know about Linux and compare it with systems
 Can someone help me؟؟

• martfox
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:02 AM #11

I do not have much information about linux
I saw here, I said to ask you
I would like to know about Linux and compare it with systems
 Can someone help me؟؟

CS-Cart is compatible with almost every server that supports PHP and MySQL but CS-Cart team recommend Apache or Nginx.

CS-Cart with 1 Year FREE Web Hosting | CS-Cart optimized SSD Cloud VPS Servers from €10.00/month
VPS SSD Cloud from €10.00 *** Dedicated Servers *** CS-Cart Authorized Reseller and Web Hosting Provider