• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tax Depending On The Category Of The Product Rate Topic   - - - - -

• boutimar
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:35 PM #1

Hello,

I'm still novice in using cs-cart and I apologize in advance if my English is not very correct.

I would like to create a tax that depends not on the delivery or billing address but on the product category.

For example, a tax that would be to 0.35 for the "Food" category and 0.5 for the "High-Tech /Multimedia" category.

If someone would have an idea on how to do it I will be grateful. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3376 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:59 AM #2

Hello,

I'm still novice in using cs-cart and I apologize in advance if my English is not very correct.

I would like to create a tax that depends not on the delivery or billing address but on the product category.

For example, a tax that would be to 0.35 for the "Food" category and 0.5 for the "High-Tech /Multimedia" category.

If someone would have an idea on how to do it I will be grateful. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

You can try to create different taxes and assign them to products, but it is very long process.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3315 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:21 AM #3

Long but I suppose its only proper way.. Products may belong to multiple categories and many more rules and so on..

You can try to create different taxes and assign them to products, but it is very long process.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19976 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:09 PM #4

Not too long since Taxes can be exported/ imported or edited in bulk

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)