• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem With Database File Size Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Enew
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:34 PM #1

Hello

The database of my website becomes: 1,491,305,979 bytes, very big, can't download on my local computer, but before was: 106,632kb only, and can download to my computer easily. Before having the file with sql.tgz only, but now have the sql more. Please see the image for more detail.

Does someone know how to change the database like before with small size please?

My website is multi-vendor 4.2.3.

Thank very much in advance!!!

Franck

Attached Thumbnails

• problem with database file size.jpg

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:39 PM #2

Hi Enew

From the small snap shot you have posted, it looks like you need to clear your cache.

Barry

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:41 PM #3

Sorry

Admin>Administration>Storage>Clear Cache

Barry

BarryH

UK User

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11429 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:16 PM #4

Are you using 'database' as the caching method?  Suggest that you do not do this.

You can also clear things like the cscart_new_orders table, cscart_user_sessions table, cscart_logs table, etc.

Our EZ Admin Helper addon has events that do this either on a scheduled basis or on-demand.  Note that it will also do things like preserve log entries so you can retain 30 days of logs.

I would identify where your growth has been and determine if you can reduce those table sizes.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19847 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:47 AM #5

Open phpMyAdmin, sort table by size and check what tables caused the issue. If it is cscart_logs, you can clear it

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Enew
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:24 PM #6

Open phpMyAdmin, sort table by size and check what tables caused the issue. If it is cscart_logs, you can clear it

Hi, Ecomlabs

Can you show me how to open phpmyadmin and where to open this? I have clear the logs every month, and the log file is small.

Thank

• Enew
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:29 PM #7

Are you using 'database' as the caching method?  Suggest that you do not do this.

You can also clear things like the cscart_new_orders table, cscart_user_sessions table, cscart_logs table, etc.

Our EZ Admin Helper addon has events that do this either on a scheduled basis or on-demand.  Note that it will also do things like preserve log entries so you can retain 30 days of logs.

I would identify where your growth has been and determine if you can reduce those table sizes.

Hi Tbirnseth

I already have setting the clear cache on the server everyday, may be is another problem?

Thank

• Enew
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:32 PM #8

Sorry

Admin>Administration>Storage>Clear Cache

Barry

Hi Barry

I already have setting the server to clear the cache automatic every night, so I think may be is another problem.

Best!

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:15 PM #9

hi

Open your cPanel look for icon with phpMyAdmin

Barry

BarryH

UK User

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11429 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:14 PM #10

Hi Tbirnseth

I already have setting the clear cache on the server everyday, may be is another problem?

Thank

You didn't answer my question.  What caching method are you using in config.local.php?  Database, file, etc....  Suggest you do NOT use database.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19847 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:12 AM #11

Can you show me how to open phpmyadmin and where to open this? I have clear the logs every month, and the log file is small.

Usually it is available in the control panel of your server (e.g. in cPanel)

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Enew
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:56 PM #12

Usually it is available in the control panel of your server (e.g. in cPanel)

Hi Ecomlabs

I have find the database file and sort by big size, please check the image for detail! Can you show me how to do for the next please?

https://ezlis.com/wp...-file-image.jpg

Thank!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11429 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:25 PM #13

Try doing these steps in phpMyAdmin (UNTESTED).

1) Select the SQL tab.

2) enter the following:

delete from cscart_stored_sessions WHERE expiry < unix_timestamp('2017-03-15');
delete from cscart_sessions WHERE expiry < unix_timestamp('2017-03-15');

3) click Go

This should remove all entries that are greater than 30 days old (or earlier than the date in the query).

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:46 AM #14

Ultimately need to figure out why the sessions are not clearing automatically if they are old.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11429 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:54 AM #15

Yep, but one thing at a time....

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19847 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:54 AM #16

Hi Ecomlabs

I have find the database file and sort by big size, please check the image for detail! Can you show me how to do for the next please?

https://ezlis.com/wp...-file-image.jpg

Thank!

Clear cscart_stored_sessions and cscart_sessions tables using previous posts. Then monitor the situation. If the size of the tables will grow up significantly again, contact CS-Cart support team

• Enew
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:41 PM #17

Clear cscart_stored_sessions and cscart_sessions tables using previous posts. Then monitor the situation. If the size of the tables will grow up significantly again, contact CS-Cart support team

Hi Ecomlabs, it's work now, thank very much for your help!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19847 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:23 AM #18

Hi Ecomlabs, it's work now, thank very much for your help!

You are welcome!