• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Linking Paypal to the cart Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:14 PM #1

This may sound beginner, but the cart was bought by the programmer who worked before me, and i'm trying to set up things behind him (cuz he left), and i was wondering how to link paypal to my cart.

Do I have to get a business account on paypal, than on "Payment methods" section, I select paypal as the processor of the Credit card box, then go configure? Is this the way?

Thanks for help.. and sorry for my poor english...

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:19 PM #2

An excellent read about 2/3 of the way down this thread from techman:
http://forum.cs-cart...ighlight=paypal
[SIZE="1"]Seamlessly Upgraded to 1.3.5sp4 from 1.3.4sp3
Live: Playboy Collectors Gallery
(Adult)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]LOOKING FOR A FEW COPIES OF THE NEW LITHUANIA PLAYBOY ISSUES...AND COLOMBIA ISSUES.....
FEEL FREE TO Private Message Me....THANKS[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Slightly Modded Default Red | Zardos Lightbox | Sitemap | Multicards Payment Mod |
Cart & Checkout Pages Modified |
[/SIZE]

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:29 PM #3

but do i have to create an account in the business section on paypal website? or do i have to choose personnal...

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:55 PM #4

its been so long ago....
i just use my email as an identifier (paypal standard)
however, it is listed as a business account, so, i guess it is a business account.
[SIZE="1"]Seamlessly Upgraded to 1.3.5sp4 from 1.3.4sp3
Live: Playboy Collectors Gallery
(Adult)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]LOOKING FOR A FEW COPIES OF THE NEW LITHUANIA PLAYBOY ISSUES...AND COLOMBIA ISSUES.....
FEEL FREE TO Private Message Me....THANKS[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Slightly Modded Default Red | Zardos Lightbox | Sitemap | Multicards Payment Mod |
Cart & Checkout Pages Modified |
[/SIZE]

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:37 PM #5

It doesn't really matter which you choose initially as you can "upgrade" your account to a business account. You need to decide if you want people to be able to pay with a credit card or paypal or both and if you want to have them fill their information on your site or on Pay Pal's site. This will then help you choose if you want Web Payments or Web Payments Pro.
CS Cart 1.3.5 SP1