• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Registration Email Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:20 PM #1

I am having a problem with registration spoofing in my CS-cart 2.4 store. At present, it is 20 to 30 registrations per day, but that number seems to be growing and I am trying to shut down this problem until we can get our upgraded store completed--projected to be one month.

How can I stop CS-Cart from sending emails when a customer registers or updates his profile?

We are using Image verification and I have tried to add characters and background, but it did not slow anything down.

Shutting down emails is obviously a poor fix, but as I understand it, the modules for installing Google ReCaptcha will are not built for this old version. Can ReCaptcha easily be made to work? Any other suggestions for stopping this registration spoofing?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19478 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:05 AM #2

I am having a problem with registration spoofing in my CS-cart 2.4 store. At present, it is 20 to 30 registrations per day, but that number seems to be growing and I am trying to shut down this problem until we can get our upgraded store completed--projected to be one month.

How can I stop CS-Cart from sending emails when a customer registers or updates his profile?

We are using Image verification and I have tried to add characters and background, but it did not slow anything down.

Shutting down emails is obviously a poor fix, but as I understand it, the modules for installing Google ReCaptcha will are not built for this old version. Can ReCaptcha easily be made to work? Any other suggestions for stopping this registration spoofing?

I think, only 3rd party captcha (like reCapctha) can help you here. Modern bots can bypass default CS-Cart captcha

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.