• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Images Rate Topic   - - - - -

• jeta
  • Trial users
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:51 PM #1

Hello,

i am trying to import some product from an external database, but i am having troubles in finding the logic how the product images and options are connected through database tables, i don't find any table where the image is connected with the product id??? and how the option variants like different color of a product are connected with that product.

Can anyone help me with that?

• cs user
  • Trial users
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:30 PM #2

please check images & image link table with object "P". :)

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:25 PM #3

if I am not mistaken they go into the 

public_html/var/files/1/exim/backup/images folder

running CS Cart V4.10.3.SP1 

• jeta
  • Trial users
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:52 PM #4

In fact i am trying to understand the logic how a product code is related with more than one photo?? or when i set different colors for the product how changes the product image according to the color (i know that is due to option combinations but since i am trying to import products from an external database i need to know how the tables of products, images and options are connected.

I would be very grateful if someones could help me with this 

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11385 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:11 AM #5

Look at the code for "image pairs" and the DB table cscart_image_links. The detailed_id relates to the image_id in cscart_images and the id is used to calculate the subdirectory of the actual image file.

Image management in CS-cart needs to be revamped and simplified. The image pair concept is no longer useful with dynamically generated thumbnails.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19772 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:38 AM #6

Note that the type M means main image and A means additional images

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• jeta
  • Trial users
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:42 AM #7

Look at the code for "image pairs" and the DB table cscart_image_links. The detailed_id relates to the image_id in cscart_images and the id is used to calculate the subdirectory of the actual image file.

Image management in CS-cart needs to be revamped and simplified. The image pair concept is no longer useful with dynamically generated thumbnails.

Hello,

thanks for answering. I understand that the images are stored in cscart_images table but what confuses me are:

-how the product_id is connected with more than 1 photo??

-how the product image changes when i select a different product color??

-I see also a combination_hash column in cscart_product_options_inventory table but i dont understand this code: 287_1620 in colum combination whats is? combination of product_id and option variant??? what about the value of combination_hash? 1216998941  value

Anyone has an idea about this??

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19772 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:20 PM #8

thanks for answering. I understand that the images are stored in cscart_images table but what confuses me are:

-how the product_id is connected with more than 1 photo??

-how the product image changes when i select a different product color??

-I see also a combination_hash column in cscart_product_options_inventory table but i dont understand this code: 287_1620 in colum combination whats is? combination of product_id and option variant??? what about the value of combination_hash? 1216998941  value

1. Please check my post. One object_id is used with two letters (M - main image, A - additional ones)

2. The system checks if there is a combination with image for selected options. If yes, it is displayed

3. The rules is: OPTION ID1_VARIANT ID1_OPTION ID2_VARIANT ID2... etc

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.