Vendors On Their Own?

Advertisement in cs-cart main page say "Create your own eBay with Multi-Vendor"

Is it possible to make multi vendor system where every vendor is on his own, meaning
each has his own paypal email address set and root admin bills vendor only monthly
fee?

Nope. Almost every multivendor platform wants a fee plus a commission. Some waive the fee.

But I think your main desire is to have vendor specific payments. From a customer perspective that would be very awkward in that an order containing products from 5 vendors would require 5 different payment processes.

In ebay or etsy you are filling your paypal email and getting your payment. You also do all support for your products, disputes and chargebacks

How can root admin receive and distribute all funds, how does one handle taxes, knows if company is vat registered or is individual legit…

How does handle partial refunds. Current multi vendor is something like extended suppliers then marketplace for vendors…

In ebay or etsy you are filling your paypal email and getting your payment. You also do all support for your products, disputes and chargebacks

Yes, I believe that is so Ebay/Etsy can pay you.

How can root admin receive and distribute all funds, how does one handle taxes, knows if company is vat registered or is individual legit..

How does handle partial refunds. Current multi vendor is something like extended suppliers then marketplace for vendors..

Use 4.5.1 (when it comes out) and require paypal. Otherwise, you have to do your own accounting (accounts payable).

I don't think anything in any edition of cs-cart handles partial (or even full) refunds properly. They ignore tax rates for vendors, instead expecting the merchant to handle all the tax setups for each possible vendor but then don't account for those vendors not in the order. I.e. your customers can pay you tax for locations where the vendor(s) in an order do not have tax liability.

But really, cs-cart should be answering these type of questions. So suggest you open a helpdesk ticket and ask them for an official response.

Yes, I believe that is so Ebay/Etsy can pay you.

Ebay or Etsy pay nothing to you, they only bill you for their services all money collection is done individually by sellers themselves..

I would't even open this toptic if not this misleading advertisment, build your own ebay or etsy, it is simply not possible with cs-cart

We offer Stripe Connect integration, SimtechDev offers PayPal Adaptive payment module. In this case, only one payment method can be used. All funds will be transferred directly to vendor accounts

Even so sale and buy process in ebay is totally different..

We run our store this way, using the Paypal Adaptive chained payments.

Our cart is also split, so that each vendor does a separate transaction with the customer (no one has complained yet!).

Fees pass straight through to vendor, with our commission taken invisibly to the customer.

Vendors manage their own returns directly with the customers via Paypal backend.

Vendors have the option of collecting taxes or not.

Our cart is also split, so that each vendor does a separate transaction with the customer (no one has complained yet!)

What does it mean split? Is it default installation or is it modified with some addons?

It's a modification that Simtech (CS-Cart's development arm) will set-up and install for you.

I think the add-on that provides this funtionality is called "multicart".

It's a modification that Simtech (CS-Cart's development arm) will set-up and install for you.

I think the add-on that provides this funtionality is called "multicart".

Hi, can't find the add on you are mentionning. is it really available publicly in the cs cart market place?

No, it's something that SimTech will sell to you.

https://www.simtechdev.com

Hi, can't find the add on you are mentionning. is it really available publicly in the cs cart market place?

Hello!

I suppose our Adaptive Payments by ​PayPal add-on is meant.

You are clearly mistaken of how ebay works..

— The customer only sees you as the store owner. You allocate the payment for your commission and the actual cost of services provided by vendors and then PayPal deducts money from the customer’s account and deposits it in both your account and the vendors’ accounts.

— The customer only knows about the store owner as a primary recipient, not the vendors. The vendors only know about the primary recipient, not the customer.

in ebay vendor gets all customer data and takes full responsibility for everything. Ebay just invoices a billing fee in end of the month and has nothing to do with vendor sell quality