• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cms Magazine Rate Topic   - - - - -

• notlim
  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:10 PM #1

I see there is a line meta name "cms magazine" in my header. Is this information neccessary. I  know what it is but i don't know if I need it. I think it was put there by one of the organizations I used for SEO.

Can I just delete it?

• sadesh
  • Trial users
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:37 AM #2

sure u can do but update again with other and it will not problem till link broken.

• notlim
  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:09 PM #3

Thanks sadesh. I don't understand what is "other" to update?

Do you know if this is helpful or hurtful to have as it is?

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4385 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:45 PM #4

Its probably a link back and can be deleted , its for promotion of the other company, you will probably have some text files in root also relating to it

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 980 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:25 PM #5

I see there is a line meta name "cms magazine" in my header. Is this information neccessary. I  know what it is but i don't know if I need it. I think it was put there by one of the organizations I used for SEO.
Can I just delete it?

Have you Installer flying cart? The sweetcode Addon ads this Tag... spammy ;)

I hope there will be soon Addon verification for malicious Code and so. and a big warning message about unverifed third party Addons
Can't find the link for flying cart on Forum.... have to ask him/her

• notlim
  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:44 PM #6

I do not know what I have. I have in the last year had someone install "rich snippets" which I assumed was the markup needed for websites. I am having trouble with that work which is failing the markup validation from Bing and W3. I can't get a reply from the people who installed this. It shows under the add on tag on the product details page, but is not listed on the addon page.

I don't know if that "cms magazine" came from that work or some seo company that I employed (for 1 week until they screwed up my information) I attached a screen shot of the results of the W3 Validation test.W3 markup validator.jpg

Thanks For any info.

• imago
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:35 AM #7

I don't know if that "cms magazine" came from that work or some seo company that I employed...

Thanks For any info.

I don't think this cmsmagazine txt is something malicious. Two of them popped up in the root directory as soon as I installed csc_vertical_menu addon. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

• CS-Market
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 648 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:05 PM #8

I don't think this cmsmagazine txt is something malicious. Two of them popped up in the root directory as soon as I installed csc_vertical_menu addon. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Yes, this is not malicious. This file or meta tag helps some Russian developers to add your store into their portfolio without your permission and thereby increase their rating and become on the top of it, even if all they did for your store is to sell the add-on. :)

GET A FREE QUOTE  │  CS-Cart add-ons   │   CS-Cart custom development   │  CS-Cart design integration  │  CS-Cart license

Сертифицированный разработчик на CS-Cart Русская Версия. More than 5 years experience in CS-Cart development.