• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Limiting Categories For Vendors Rate Topic   - - - - -

• gg96
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:48 AM #21

sunil0907, thank you for details.

Yes, I understand the case you described. But manually configuring categories for each vendor is not a good idea either.

What if you have 1000 or 10000 vendors? Changing categories through vendor plan would be much easier.

Besides it's just one of the cases.

The main logic here - restrictions and commissions are done via Vendor Plans. It makes this feature clear and understandable. 

Spreading it to Vendor profile is not a good idea.

Hello imac,

In your demo, you have 5 plans and "all categories" are in each plan. So all vendors see all categories.

For me UNIVERS =  OFFICE or WATCHES or ELECTRONICS or BABY...

I think your agree that if you have 40 plans on this companies.vendor_plans page (8univers x 5vendorsplan = 40 plans), it will no longer be understandable to attract sellers...

But I agree with your argument "Changing categories through vendor plan would be much easier."

So to respect your logic and be understandable, WHEN will you propose on companies.vendor_plans page, to start by selecting an UNIVERS (Baby, Computers, Electronics) to after present and choose between Plan's categories ?

Thank you.

cscart_v4.8. MV

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:52 AM #22

Hello imac,

In your demo, you have 5 plans and "all categories" are in each plan. So all vendors see all categories.

For me UNIVERS =  OFFICE or WATCHES or ELECTRONICS or BABY...

I think your agree that if you have 40 plans on this companies.vendor_plans page (8univers x 5vendorsplan = 40 plans), it will no longer be understandable to attract sellers...

But I agree with your argument "Changing categories through vendor plan would be much easier."

So to respect your logic and be understandable, WHEN will you propose on companies.vendor_plans page, to start by selecting an UNIVERS (Baby, Computers, Electronics) to after present and choose between Plan's categories ?

Thank you.

Hi,

You can use the Hidden plans. In case the plan is hidden Vendor can no subscribe for it. But during review you can assign this plan to a vendor.

e.g. here is the list of plans I have in the backend: https://www.evernote...EmJbkR_x0NcQk-4

Here is what vendor see in admin area: https://www.evernote...pxKjYTvUahtgYQk

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• gg96
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:50 AM #23

Hello Imac,

So you propose :

1/ to show 2 or 3 MASTER PLAN, with a simple and attract offer.

2/ to check and call the vendor to know which categories he wants, and to assign him a hidden SUB-Masterplan-categories. ok why not !

Where is option which say : "Add subcategorie automatically" or "Not add subcategories" in each plan? 

Because without it i have to select manually 100 subcategories ? Ok we can do it one time.. per plan.

BUT if i create a new subcategorie after setting plan... I have to add manually this new subcategorie in each plan ? 

Thank you for your advices.

cscart_v4.8. MV