Limiting Categories For Vendors

Hello,

I'm using 4.4.2 cs-cart multi-vendor. I wanted to limit the categories available to any vendor, thus controlling the category(ies) that is open to a vendor for adding products.

Say I have three category,

1. Electronics

2. Clothing

3. Books

Then I want to limit a vendor selling books to only category 'Books' so that it may not add any products to electronics. Another vendor selling books and electronics will be limited to add products to 'Books' and 'Electronics' categories and will not be able to add products to 'Clothing'

I personally feel this requirement should be a default functionality in cs-cart multi-vendor. Is there are add available for this.

In the new version it can be done through vendor plans, but that is not very useful as along with with limiting categories we have to provide details of commission, and other restrictions also, which will lead to creating a large number of vendor plans if you have many categories.

Members suggestions please .

Thanks,

Sunil

You can specify list of categories on the Vendor details page. Isn't it?

http://prntscr.com/e51ob9

I think the 'categories' tab is missing from vendor features in the new version.

I think the 'categories' tab is missing from vendor features in the new version.

You are right. Not clear why this feature was removed.

Hi,

Is there any method to do it?can’t find the category tab too.

See my message earlier

"In the new version it can be done through vendor plans, but that is not very useful as along with with limiting categories we have to provide details of commission, and other restrictions also, which will lead to creating a large number of vendor plans if you have many categories."

Hi,
Is there any method to do it?can't find the category tab too.

We have checked the Multi-Vendor package. The code is not hidden, but removed. I am afraid, there is no way to do it without additional code modifications

We have checked the Multi-Vendor package. The code is not hidden, but removed. I am afraid, there is no way to do it without additional code modifications

I had contacted the helpdesk and they mentioned the same, that the feature has been removed from CS-Cart Multivendor and moved to Vendor plans add-on.

In my opinion moving selection of categories for vendors to vendor plan add-on has made it more complex than simplifying things in the newer version.

I had contacted the helpdesk and they mentioned the same, that the feature has been removed from CS-Cart Multivendor and moved to Vendor plans add-on.

In my opinion moving selection of categories for vendors to vendor plan add-on has made it more complex than simplifying things in the newer version.

totally agreed, now i have to create a lot of vendor plan in order to restrict vendor from access the entire categories.

Hello All,

A lot of members will prefer the old "limiting categories for vendor" feature, as limiting the categories thru vendor plan is more complex.

Members needing this feature should get together and request for a custom add-on, then it will be cost-effective for all.

This add-on will surely be useful for a large number of CS-Cart license owners.

Please post your views and suggestions.

Thanks,

Hello All,

A lot of members will prefer the old "limiting categories for vendor" feature, as limiting the categories thru vendor plan is more complex.

Members needing this feature should get together and request for a custom add-on, then it will be cost-effective for all.

This add-on will surely be useful for a large number of CS-Cart license owners.

Please post your views and suggestions.

Thanks,

If you do not find a solution, our team will be glad to create it for you

If you do not find a solution, our team will be glad to create it for you

may i know how much does it cost for the modification?

may i know how much does it cost for the modification?

Please check PM

Hi,

First we planned to remove this feature completely. But after the survey we understood some Multi-Vendor owners use this feature. So it is still there in Vendor Plans add-on.

Why did we move to Vendor plans?

Simply because setting the category a Vendor allowed to post products in is the same restrictions as number of products or maximum sales.

You can easily manage restrictions by categories by assigning plan to a group of vendors. Besides you can export/import vendor plans - what make it's management much easier.

Hi,

First we planned to remove this feature completely. But after the survey we understood some Multi-Vendor owners use this feature. So it is still there in Vendor Plans add-on.

Why did we move to Vendor plans?

Simply because setting the category a Vendor allowed to post products in is the same restrictions as number of products or maximum sales.

You can easily manage restrictions by categories by assigning plan to a group of vendors. Besides you can export/import vendor plans - what make it's management much easier.

Hello,

The above rational to do that same is clear, but I'll still assume that most multi-vendor license users will be running marketplaces with a number of categories and each vendor of the marketplace will be limited to add their products to a few categories only.

A store admin having 100 vendors selling in the marketplace, who charges 5% commission from all it's vendors for unlimited products and unlimited turnover should create just one vendor plan. But if the category combinations that the store admin had allowed earlier is 50 then it will have to created 50 vendor plans now to match with each category combination. If the store admin plans to have different commission structures for vendors, for e.g.

1. Plan 1 - 3% commission, Products Limit=20, Turnover Limit=$ 100K

2. Plan 2 - 5% commission, Products Limit=unlimited, Turnover Limit=unlimited

may now have to create 2*50=100 vendor plans. (The actual number can be lesser, be will surely still be a fractional multiple of 50, maybe something like 1.5*50 or 1.6*50)

Hope I'm clear with my point.

Hello,

The above rational to do that same is clear, but I'll still assume that most multi-vendor license users will be running marketplaces with a number of categories and each vendor of the marketplace will be limited to add their products to a few categories only.

A store admin having 100 vendors selling in the marketplace, who charges 5% commission from all it's vendors for unlimited products and unlimited turnover should create just one vendor plan. But if the category combinations that the store admin had allowed earlier is 50 then it will have to created 50 vendor plans now to match with each category combination. If the store admin plans to have different commission structures for vendors, for e.g.

1. Plan 1 - 3% commission, Products Limit=20, Turnover Limit=$ 100K

2. Plan 2 - 5% commission, Products Limit=unlimited, Turnover Limit=unlimited

may now have to create 2*50=100 vendor plans. (The actual number can be lesser, be will surely still be a fractional multiple of 50, maybe something like 1.5*50 or 1.6*50)

Hope I'm clear with my point.

sunil0907, thank you for details.

Yes, I understand the case you described. But manually configuring categories for each vendor is not a good idea either.

What if you have 1000 or 10000 vendors? Changing categories through vendor plan would be much easier.

Besides it's just one of the cases.

The main logic here - restrictions and commissions are done via Vendor Plans. It makes this feature clear and understandable.

Spreading it to Vendor profile is not a good idea.

It would be good if you put back the option to restrict vendors to certain categories rather than integrating it on the Vendors Plan.

The project we are developing is that we would want new Vendors to specify what category of products they are selling during registration that means once they select their product categories then the vendor will restricted to it but admin should have also the flexibility to add categories that will be allowed for a vendor. Creating multiple vendors plans just to restrict vendors to a certain category they are selling would certainly not a good solution.

We just bought MVE license and we prefer that feature back rather than binding it to the Vendors Plans which is no use to us because we are planning to use a granular category commission.

If you do not find ready to use solution, we can offer you our custom development service

Hi. Can we do different comission with different categories . Vendor can add products whole categories.

Example i want to if vendor add products in computer categories i want to take %10 if add products in furniture categories get %15 comission.

Our Variable Commissions Addon will allow you to assign commissions based on product and/or category. Variable coommissions can apply to all vendors (or suppliers) or can be defined to apply to a specific vendor only.

You can have a rate assigned to a category and have individual rates for products within that category. Accounting is separate from the vendor plans but it can override the vendor "payout" based its calculations. If nothing is specifically defined for a vendor, then the rate in the vendor plan is used.

You can also specify more detail as to what is eligible for commission and what isn't. I.e. shipping_freight, payment_fees, shipping, etc. can all be separately calculated fo application to a vendor's (or supplier's) order.

Docs are here: https://ez-ms.com/docs/variable_commissions.pdf

You can apply the same thing to suppliers and/or random affiliates by using our EZ Product Commissions addon which does not support the integration with vendor plans.

Full detail ledgers are provided that can be exported to CSV for providing detail to your vendors or suppliers.

Feel free to contact via the get-a-quote link below if docs do not answer all your questions.