• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pass Different Currency To Payment Gateway Instead Of Default Currency Rate Topic   - - - - -

• deriktan
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:43 PM #1

Hi,
May i know is it possible to pass all the display currency include default currency to all the available payment gateway ,including molpay?
Example:store default currency is USD,but there are some other currency available for user to choose,if user choose RM,system will convert to RM ,JPY then convert JPY. This conversion I already implemented. But the issue is the store still pass the total amount with default currency (USD) to payment gateway.
Is it possible for me to pass the currency that user selected from my storefront with the converted checkout amount?

• markhedley
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:01 AM #2

Hi,
May i know is it possible to pass all the display currency include default currency to all the available payment gateway ,including molpay?
Example:store default currency is USD,but there are some other currency available for user to choose,if user choose RM,system will convert to RM ,JPY then convert JPY. This conversion I already implemented. But the issue is the store still pass the total amount with default currency (USD) to payment gateway.
Is it possible for me to pass the currency that user selected from my storefront with the converted checkout amount?

Which payment gateway? Also does your payment gateway provide multi currency support for payments at the bank settlement side? Some need to be configured outside of the CS Cart environment first.

Would help to know the Gateway provider you are using as to suggest the modification. But in summary yes it is possible to modify the functions to handle multi currency if you know PHP :-)

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19768 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:15 AM #3

For example, in PayPal the following code is used

$order_info['total'] = fn_format_price_by_currency($order_info['total'], CART_PRIMARY_CURRENCY, $currency_code);

where currency code - is the code of the required currency

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• markhedley
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:41 PM #4

For example, in PayPal the following code is used

$order_info['total'] = fn_format_price_by_currency($order_info['total'], CART_PRIMARY_CURRENCY, $currency_code);

where currency code - is the code of the required currency

But there is also references hard coded to USD which need to be adjusted in the Paypal code, as an example  :-)

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1572 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:34 AM #5

Paypal accept payments in multiple curencies possible solution.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq