• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just arrived from Xcart. Too many problems with CS-Cart... Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Jeff
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:08 PM #1

First of all: sorry for my poor english but I'm not english... :)

I have bought CS-Cart few days ago and I'm not happy at all with it. Sorry to say that.

1) I can not install the products samples. The installation doesn't work at all if I want to install these samples. There is a "freeze" during the installation and I can wait 2 hours, nothing change. I can install CS-Cart without these samples.

2) The admin authentification is not working at all. After a new install, I can enter to the admin section with "admin" and "admin", but if I quite and if I want to go back to the admin section, I can't and I get: 'Error The username or password you entered is invalid, please try again.'

Admin and admin doesn't work anymore.

3) When I click on "I forgot my password", it's not working. Plus, I can read:

Please enter your login. The system will reset your old password and send a new one to your e-mail address.

. Great, but the title of the form below is "E-mail"! It's impossible to get my password.

I have found other bugs but I will check them tomorrow.

CS-Cart is a great script with a great future, but actually, can I use it for my business?? :confused:

THANKS

• Tail's
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:07 PM #2

I had a similar issue with the 'admin' lock out. but I think it was just me, the program warns you that login should be different from password so you have to change it right away, but I guess i fiddled with something and used the wrong password and by default the email is somewhere else so I didnt update it so it couldnt sent me a new password either. So I just reinstalled and did things a little more carefully and it works fine now. version 1-3-3 (latest)

Also have had 'freeze' on upload for some random files, not sure why (I initially uploaded uncompressed files, though instructions do say to upload it compressed and uncompress on the server). still, once in a while my ftp client doesnt like a file and freezes.

• zoom4267
  • Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:24 PM #3

i origianlly got locked out but i forgot that i set my log on to email. both times with my carts it was a bumby start but all smooted out very nicley, the help did a great job getting me going and on my way. if you can, use the help desk and give it a chance.

one ftp program kept freezing so i just bougt ws_ftp from ipswitch and everything worked great.
Lisa

http://www.skytopdesigns.com Web designs and Development

• recedo
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:53 PM #4

I've had no problems at all with my installation and running of the cart.

Have you tried speaking to support to get it sorted. I think you'd be missing out if you moved away from cs-cart due to those "minor" problems.

Simon

• Tail's
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:15 PM #5

one ftp program kept freezing so i just bougt ws_ftp from ipswitch and everything worked great.

Hehehe, thats the one I'm using, and it freezes now and then, then asks to be server, dunno why. It's free too :D though mine is very very old version.

• zoom4267
  • Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:59 PM #6

i was using ws_ftp , the free version that i downloaded from my web host. it worked great for a while but this upload kept hanging and driving me nuts, so i bought the home versionand it worked great
Lisa

http://www.skytopdesigns.com Web designs and Development

• bossman
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:06 PM #7

i have never had anytype of problem like this.. I think this is more human error then software.

• abender
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:35 PM #8

Okay. So I figured it out. In case other people have this issue this was the problem I had.

I changed the password and login from the default "admin/admin". Then, at some point I selected the option to have the customers log-in with their e-mail address. I think this also applied to my login. So, I used my e-mail and the new password and got in.

Hope this helps,

Adam

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:10 PM #9

Sorry to say but I think it may be user error. CScart is one of the easiest to install if you follow the setup. I have done a few setups and so far no issues.