State Picker On Homepage

hi, i want to be able to choose the state from where im accesing on the homepage, i saw the localizations option but it only allows to create country localizations and does it automaticly. i want the user to always choose its location on the homepage, is there any add-on or functionality for that?

Please, have a look at our IP Geolocation by MaxMind and Geolocation by Google. They allow customers to confirm their location.

hi, i want to be able to choose the state from where im accesing on the homepage, i saw the localizations option but it only allows to create country localizations and does it automaticly. i want the user to always choose its location on the homepage, is there any add-on or functionality for that?

We have a modification " City choice feature and separate product stock per city".

The customer can select their state on the home page and then continue to browse the store. The stock and especially prices will be shown for the chosen state.

You can create a smarty/html block on your home page (stealing code from other areas to show the selector) and then assign the selected value to a variable as you want. You may have to use an ajax request (or jQuery on.change event) to get the change visible in other areas of your site. Not knowing your desired usage, hard to really reccomend which way to go.

The IP Location stuff is NOT very accurate for states. I.e. I live in Portland Oregon, and my IP will show as Vancouver Washington because that's where the data facility is for Comcast for this area.