• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Designer wanted Rate Topic   - - - - -

• horsegoer
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:19 PM #1

I am lost trying to manipulate my site. I really need to change the layout entirely. I see how some people have little dots that are between thier categories that kinds seperate them. How the hell did they do that? Everyhting is different then is what is available fromthe standard skins layout. The lefty hand nav looks like they customized it themselves. If someone out there can help me for a fee that would be great. I reading through this manual for hours trying to get the hand and it's not working. Yeah I can add cats ans change the obvious stuff but the one of the more impoortant things is to have a site that looks nice and professional along with it being customer friendly.

Thanks.

• horsegoer
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:21 PM #2

http://67.212.227.93/index.php

This is what I have done to my site so far.......disgusting..lol.. if you ask me.....all the "templates" need to customizing..

• horsegoer
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:25 PM #3

Ah..the little dots that seperate the words in my INFORMATION are is what I saw someone had on there site. How did they get that there. The CATS, INFO & MANS navigation I should be able to change the look of that and/or the text, I'm sure I can but not without spending hours trying to figure it out. I can do that, so I would much rather pay someone to help me out.

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:31 PM #4

Hi There,

It really comes down to how much you want to change the site. There are limited things you can do with the templates in the Admin area, but if you really want to change things up, you're going to have to have some XHTML/CSS knowledge. Have you much experience with either of those?

B
CS Cart 1.3.5 SP1

• horsegoer
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:38 PM #5

Thanks for the reply BH......absolutely no experience. I do see peoples websites that post on here that say powered by CS Cart at the bottom and they look a lot different then what templates CS offers. I guess they fooled around with those"codes/formats" you mentioned. I wouls like to put a layout together of how I would like the site to look & function and have it built that way. I mean it would be prewtty standard...left hand nav but I want the "look" to change. I obviously don't want the orange they show for the template I currently have. Like how they hell do I add a photo/or flash image to my homepage. I would want one that was of a descent size say 6"X3". ......... not that I really need to know because that is probably one of the 20 things I need to change. If you could help that would be great...for a fee I understand.

Thanks.

• horsegoer
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:39 PM #6

I really have to spell check...my apologies.

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:47 PM #7

Yes, the spelling wasn't that great :)

To be honest, if you want to run an online store I would start reading up on some of the basics...You don't have to become as expert, but it's going to make life much easier for you in the long run.

I think this a good site with some nice examples: http://www.htmldog.com/

It sounds like you really want to change things up more than what you could probably do on your own or after too many hours staring at the screen ;)

A word of warning that CS-Cart "templates" aren't going to be as easy to modify as just buildig a plain old website. This isn't a knock on them specifically, just the nature of the beast. My point being that if you want design changes you should be ready to spend a few thousand to get it done.

I'm always happy to give help on the boards, but you probably need a dedicated person who has some CS experience. "Smavtron" posts on the boards quite a bit and his website is http://www.topcoderpro.com/. I don't have any experience with them, but it seems like they might be what you're looking for.

Best of luck,

B
CS Cart 1.3.5 SP1

• horsegoer
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:08 AM #8

Thanks B! I appreciate the advice.

• horsegoer
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:30 AM #9

Oh yeah B. I was actually going to hire a yahoo store developer...1Choice4YourStore to design my website/store. I had a budget of about 2-3K, but then I cam across many people posting good things in regards to CS Cart. The sites that I wanted mine to sort of replicate......trisports.com and sbrshop.com I was told were basically shopping carts. I just want my layout to look a little different as far as the navigation and the colors and the way the buttons look.....that's really it.

-Beau

• coder
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:42 PM #10

We can help you create a Custom Template Designed shop..... send us your ideas and we will convert them to reality.

CS-CART: version 4.9.1

• sennad
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:15 PM #11

Hi man,

I can help in designing a new website just like you want it, and then integrate this design in cs-cart

Let me know

Rgds,

K.