• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creating Different Users Rate Topic   - - - - -

• jeta
  • Trial users
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:28 AM #1

Hi!

I want to create different users on my website that have the privilege only to add new products in specific categories, is this possible?? i tried do add a user in Customers > User groups  but i don't see this kind of privilege (ex i have 5 main categories and i want to create 5 users who can add and edit products in this categories) Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

• exelorien
  • Trial users
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:53 PM #2

As far as I have seen, even though cs cart is a powerfull tool it is also a bit "tight" in these kind of things. I would be interested too about this.. 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22015 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:16 PM #3

Hi!

I want to create different users on my website that have the privilege only to add new products in specific categories, is this possible?? i tried do add a user in Customers > User groups  but i don't see this kind of privilege (ex i have 5 main categories and i want to create 5 users who can add and edit products in this categories) Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

I am afraid, it is not possible without additional code modifications. You can enable/ disable the ability to manage the whole catalog only

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12077 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:20 PM #4

You would be using an Administrators group, not a customer Usergroup.  However, as Ecom states, you would need to extend the product to allow you to manage update permissions of products not/within specific categories.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• webkul
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:40 AM #5

Hi!

Thanks in advance

We are available at your service. Feel free to contact us at support@webkul.com

Webkul Software Pvt. Ltd | support@webkul.com | Offers you :

CS-Cart Addons | Mobikul Mobile App Builder for CS-Cart | AWS Hosting and Speed Optimization Services

Get A Free Quote 

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12077 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:04 PM #6

As far as I have seen, even though cs cart is a powerfull tool it is also a bit "tight" in these kind of things. I would be interested too about this.. 

I would think the proper approach would be to use the existing admin user group functionality and extend it to have each product identify which usergroups would be excluded from (restricted) edit/update capability.  It will be (IMHO) an administrative nightmare, but it is entirely possible.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.