Share Shipping Method Between Storefronts

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to share a shipping method between storefronts? I don't see the share option like i do for other CS-CART objects.

We have a lot of shipping locations setup for our first storefront and I really don't want to have to enter those details again manually.

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to share a shipping method between storefronts? I don't see the share option like i do for other CS-CART objects.

We have a lot of shipping locations setup for our first storefront and I really don't want to have to enter those details again manually.

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi

Please follow below process.

Share Other Objects among Stores (Invariable Sharing)
  1. Switch to the root administrator mode: select All stores in the store selector in the top left corner.

switch_modes.png

1. Use the top navigation menu to browse to the object that you need to share. For example, go toAdministration → Shipping & Taxes → Shipping methods to share a shipping method.
  2. Click the gear button of the object. This opens the object configuration page.
  3. Switch to the Share tab. This opens a list of stores that already share the object (if any).

You won’t see the Share tab if you only have one store: in that case there is nothing to share.

share_tab.png

1. Click + Add stores to open a list of all stores.
  2. From the list, select stores that will share the object. Then click Add stores and close to update the list of stores that should share the object.
  3. Click Save to apply the changes.

Thanks...

I am familiar with the sharing objects procedure and it works for everything else (features, filters, payment methods) - I just don't see the option for the shipping method. I am logged in as an administrator.

Maybe something in my DB is messed up.

Thanks...

I am familiar with the sharing objects procedure and it works for everything else (features, filters, payment methods) - I just don't see the option for the shipping method. I am logged in as an administrator.

Maybe something in my DB is messed up.

Please make sure that All stores is selected at the top

Thanks - but I am in "All Stores" - when I click the "cog" next to my shipping method, all I see is "edit" and "delete"...

See attached screenshot...

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.49.31 PM.png

Thanks - but I am in "All Stores" - when I click the "cog" next to my shipping method, all I see is "edit" and "delete"...

See attached screenshot...

Click on the Edit and find the Share tab on the opened page

http://prntscr.com/dv0pqb

What version are you running? I am going to download a fresh copy and install to see if there is an issue with my version

I can share all other objects, but shipping seems to be stuck. Was it introduced in a specific version? I am running 4.3.7.

On another test server (which is running 4.4.1), the share tab is appearing for shipping methods... Maybe it was only recently introduced?

I can share all other objects, but shipping seems to be stuck. Was it introduced in a specific version? I am running 4.3.7.

On another test server (which is running 4.4.1), the share tab is appearing for shipping methods... Maybe it was only recently introduced?

Can you upgrade your 4.3.7?

Yep - I will do that tonight and see what happens after that.

Yep - I will do that tonight and see what happens after that.

Should be all ok, I'm not so sure when they added that feature as I'm new to CS Cart as well but I guess will be fine after updated your core :)

What version are you running? I am going to download a fresh copy and install to see if there is an issue with my version

I tested it on 4.3.6. Did you manage to fix the issue?

Hi there,

I have managed to fix it, but still haven't found the cause. I was only having trouble sharing objects on the shipping page, I had no issues sharing pages or other objects.

It was not rendering the share button because it wasn't picking up anything in the smarty filter responsible for detecting the $central_content . The regex was .*? and I modified it to .* and all of a sudden I got the share tab again.

I realise that my fix is far from ideal as I modified the core smarty filter, but it allowed me to get the share button up and running which then allowed me to share the object. Either way, something is up, I just can't figure out why the regex didn't work for the shipping page but works for all other "object" sharing pages..

The regex I am referring to is on about line 379 on app/Tygh/SmartyEngine/Filters.php

I'll keep you posted when I find out more..

BTW, I am running 4.4.2 now...

Thank you for keeping us updated