Upgrading From 4.3.2-4.3.3 Stuck In Loop?

Hi Guys

Just when I thought I was on a home run, the upgrade centre doesn't seem to work.

I did a clean install of 4.2 a few months back. Added Viva shop template, and all good. I now need to update to CS latest version. I have managed to get to 4.3.2 in upgrade centre but it runs in a loop at 4.3.3. It says updating then eventually returns me to the 4.3.3 screen and the blue update button.

What gives? I am so fed up with this software now. I have 6 clients who currently use it, but the work to manage those site has mushroomed. Every update either template or in this case the CS-Cart itself runs into a mountain of bugs and issues that swallow my time.

Can anyone help me? Near the edge of the cliff hear folks.....

Do you think I need to put the site back to base template first? Then run the update?

I had a nightmare, it turned out to be some server settings whcih was figured out by using up some of my support tickets and working with the host.

You may have the same?

"The upgrade process interrupts because of the error

MySQL server has gone away (2006)

In this case you should increase the values of the following directives:

mysql.connect_timeout
default_socket_timeout

And the values of these SQL settings:

wait_timeout
max_allowed_packet"

Hmm, now I can't even get into the Admin panel, says Store Closed. I tried deleting all folders in Cashe via FTP but still can't get into Admin.

I am getting seriously fed up with this. I have had to rebuild my site post 4.2 as the further upgrades have dropped the basic template support, so my VIVA shop template is dead. Going to the up to date VIVA shop template will delete all my graphics. I assume many other templates will have this issue.

Now I find the inbuilt update feature inside CS 4.1+ doesn't work properly. I am seriously looking to drop out of the CS loop here, too many bugs, hours and hours lost not paid for. I am having to upgrade my client sites on another domain (copy the whole site over) as I don't trust the upgrade to run ok on a live site. Then copy it all back. This is so unprofessional guys...... come on fix the upgraded function please.

Oh my, this is getting worse. I just tried the restore link that got emailed to me from the shop to take my store back to the previous version. CS says; Only use this if you can't get into admin panel. So here goes --

guess what, access denied.... so that doesn't work either.

Hi

This link may help....................

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/45664-error-while-upgrading-from-431-to-432/?hl=updating#entry256377

regards

Barry

My DB is only 33 meg so I doubt this is the issue. Thanks for the idea though.

I am waiting for a response on support in my account. If they fix it all good. If they makes excuses and try to charge me daft money for service points to fix what should have worked in the first place, I am done with this software for sure. Magento open source is the way to go from that point.

I have 6 clients that I service using this software, so not chump change that I spent with CS.

I don't think the size of DB matters really, worked for me and my DB was only 42Meg.

I just tried re-uploading my DB copy pre-upgrade failure, and linked to that version of the DB. Still fort a blank white screen in admin and store closed in the shop. It must be a file corruption due to part update procedure (the failure).

The link the software emails to you to 'go back' to the previous version ran and said all done, but I got the white page in admin. So stuck now. I could re-upload the site and re-apply my graphics but that is insane amount of work that is unpaid.

Unsure the way forward unless CS team play ball and see a fix on my server. It is not realistic to run a live shop that I can't update going forward. Makes no commercial sense. I also can't get my client to fund me copying the entire site over to a test server, updating / testing on that, then copying it all back. Way to many hours and expensive way to do it. Besides if the upgrade in admin doesn't work, I am still in a dead end street going forward.

Are you sure its not server fault? Maybe you're upgrading on localhost? When I did upgrade on localhost wamp server had to change mysql & apache & php versions as what was working on 42x was not working for 43x..

By the way upgrade makes log files, check it out..

magento :D if cs-cart is complicated for you then magento will be a rocket science then..

Are you sure its not server fault? Maybe you're upgrading on localhost? When I did upgrade on localhost wamp server had to change mysql & apache & php versions as what was working on 42x was not working for 43x..

By the way upgrade makes log files, check it out..

magento :D if cs-cart is complicated for you then magento will be a rocket science then..

I updated via Admin on the actual web server. I use Media Temple grid and have 8 CS sites on it, with no issues. There must be a new bug with the updater. My money is on the script failing and then not being able to go back one version. It is a mess. Looks like I will need to upload from my backups and stay on 4.3.1. Dead end street I think, until CS fix the updater issues.