Guest Checkout For Members Already Registered

Hi guys,

I love the flexibility of CS Cart but one thing is making it a less than desirable checkout experience, and that is that registered members seem to be unable to checkout as a GUEST.

If a customer attempts to checkout as a guest and has previously registered an account with the same email the shopping cart software will not let them proceed with that same email. They have 3 choices:

1. Login to their account (if they can recall their account info)

2. Reset their password if they have forgotten their account info

3. Use an alternative email address, if they are lucky to have one

This is frustrating for me, and one thing that I really love about the famously easy Shopify store process. We shouldn't be "forcing" our customers to use their account login if they don't feel like it.

There are lots of circumstances where this could irritate a customer, including if they're in a rush, don't wish to use their account for that purchase, don't have a second email or don't remember their account info.

I've looked at ways to fix this but cannot find anything stable or regularly updated.

Does anyone else see this as an order deterrent / block ?

Would greatly appreciate suggestions on how I might be able to allow Registered Users to Checkout as Guest if they so desire it (without causing an error message / block from proceeding to payment).

1 Like

The only addon I know of that has it integrated is this one. http://cscartrocks.com/one-step-checkout.html

Hi guys,

I love the flexibility of CS Cart but one thing is making it a less than desirable checkout experience, and that is that registered members seem to be unable to checkout as a GUEST.

If a customer attempts to checkout as a guest and has previously registered an account with the same email the shopping cart software will not let them proceed with that same email. They have 3 choices:

1. Login to their account (if they can recall their account info)

2. Reset their password if they have forgotten their account info

3. Use an alternative email address, if they are lucky to have one

This is frustrating for me, and one thing that I really love about the famously easy Shopify store process. We shouldn't be "forcing" our customers to use their account login if they don't feel like it.

There are lots of circumstances where this could irritate a customer, including if they're in a rush, don't wish to use their account for that purchase, don't have a second email or don't remember their account info.

I've looked at ways to fix this but cannot find anything stable or regularly updated.

Does anyone else see this as an order deterrent / block ?

Would greatly appreciate suggestions on how I might be able to allow Registered Users to Checkout as Guest if they so desire it (without causing an error message / block from proceeding to payment).

Maybe this addon can help
http://www.alt-team.com/cs-cart-guest-checkout-by-default-add-on.html

Thanks @ak47

Appreciate the reply.

This plugin doesn't appear to have been updated anytime recently.

I did look at this but dismissed it because it looks pretty old with no recent love.

Thanks @ak47

Appreciate the reply.

I did look at this but dismissed it because it looks pretty old with no recent love.

Try to contacting with developers. They can refresh it for you.

If you do not find a solution, feel free to contact us to get a free quote for this modification

Our Guest Checkout Pro addon will solve this problem. Please feel free to have a check.

Awesome, this is exactly what I am looking for.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

This is also something we were looking for, thanks!

This is also something we were looking for, thanks!

You may check out our Guest Checkout Pro addon which will solve this problem.

Features of Guest Checkout Pro:

• Allow registered customers to checkout as guest
  • Hide 'Create account' form on order complete page for registered customers who checkout as guest when CS-Cart 'Allow guest to create an account after successful order' option is selected
  • Option to link guest checkout order with registered customer/email when the order is placed. As a result, registered customers can see all the orders including their guest checkout orders after logging in
  • Option to enable or disable the addon for certain storefront
  • Greatly decrease cart abandonment and increase sales
  • Support CS-Cart default checkout and our One Step Checkout addon

Here is the good news, Guest Checkout Pro addon is included in our One Step Checkout - 3 Columns Flat Layout addon now.

Try to contacting with developers. They can refresh it for you.

Thanks for this post.

Yes, we are workings and we can refresh all our modules if customers need it and tell us about it.

Thanks @ak47

Appreciate the reply.

Guest Checkout by default addon works perfectly and it is supported by Alt-team developers.

Price is only $9.

Best regards,

Alt-team.