A/b Testing With Separate Checkout Options

I would like to some A/B testing in regards to our checkout process. We currently use a one step checkout process but I would like to test it with another checkout option to see what works best for our customers without obstructing the custom buildin option by Alt-Team to have returning customers to checkout using their registered e-mail address without having to actually login while checking out.

Perhaps I should direct this question to both Simtech.

Yours truly,

We have an addon to allow guest checkout for registered e-mail which supports both cs-cart default checkout and our one step checkout addon. Feel free to contact us here.

We have an addon to allow guest checkout for registered e-mail which supports both cs-cart default checkout and our one step checkout addon. Feel free to contact us here.

Dear Louis

We already use your one step checkout and although we like it, i have received complaints from customer who would prefer to checkout in process that shows them step by step in what part of the checkout process they are.

Developer Cart Taki has such process called Taki Checkout Pro

PS this is not a value judgement but just would like to test things based on feedback we get from customers and what we sometimes see in the Google analytics.

Dear Louis

We already use your one step checkout and although we like it, i have received complaints from customer who would prefer to checkout in process that shows them step by step in what part of the checkout process they are.

PS this is not a value judgement but just would like to test things based on feedback we get from customers and what we sometimes see in the Google analytics.

Thanks for the info and we have customers who have solved this problem with one column layout. It will make the one step checkout with progress steps from top to bottom. BTW our addon which allows guest checkout for registered e-mail also supports other custom checkout related mods/addons. ;)

Thanks for the info and we have customers who have solved this problem with one column layout. It will make the one step checkout with progress steps from top to bottom. BTW our addon which allows guest checkout for registered e-mail also supports other custom checkout related mods/addons. ;)

Care to share the link to their store front so I can take a peak ? :grin:

The biggest issue is that people don't scroll down to add more information when the checkout requires this and either abandone the site or pick up the phone and start to complain or worste do not even bother to come back.

Care to share the link to their store front so I can take a peak ? :grin:

It's a more compact layout with numbers in step header(free custom mods) based on our one column layout. :)

It's a more compact layout with numbers in step header(free custom mods) based on our one column layout. :)

Got a demo I can see Louis ?

Dear Louis

Default cs-cart checkout was like that some years ago.. Isnt this a step back ? :) Please remember that these days people make purchase not only via desctop pc..

Default cs-cart checkout was like that some years ago.. Isnt this a step back ? :) Please remember that these days people make purchase not only via desctop pc..

Well I have taken this in consideration and yes. But even on a tablet or any other mobile device many of our customers forget to scroll down. The one column solution might work if... there would be hint to the customer to scroll down to fill in more info when / if required.

Got a demo I can see Louis ?

We will setup a one step checkout demo with this one column layout in the next release. Actually customers will scroll down when there is step number in the section header.

We will setup a one step checkout demo with this one column layout in the next release. Actually customers will scroll down when there is step number in the section header.

Any possibilty to implement this when we make the switch to the one column layout ?

Can we do this with the current release that is installed on our store right now ?

Webkul already has 1, 2, 3 column checkout..

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/customer-experience/one-page-checkout.html

Any possibilty to implement this when we make the switch to the one column layout ?

Can we do this with the current release that is installed on our store right now ?

Please feel free to contact us here for details.

I tested 1 page checkout vs 3 or 4 step some years ago. Steps won. Amazon and many other big retalers are also still using steps. I also prefer steps (it seems less overwhelming having to fill out just some things per step instead of a huge page with tons of info)... I actually don't think normal cs-cart checkout is bad. But I seem to be the only one? :D

I tested 1 page checkout vs 3 or 4 step some years ago. Steps won. Amazon and many other big retalers are also still using steps. I also prefer steps (it seems less overwhelming having to fill out just some things per step instead of a huge page with tons of info)... I actually don't think normal cs-cart checkout is bad. But I seem to be the only one? :D

Me too, agree 100%

Me too, agree 100%

I'm not the only one! Yeaha!