Google (Resources Blocked) Webmaster

Hi

We are getting a warning from Google in Webmaster............

"Rendering without certain resources can impair the indexing of your web pages"

Since late august we have had a steady climb in the number of pages listed in this warning.

Currently it is approx 600 pages.

Typical examples.......

design/themes/responsive/media/images/icons/ajax_loader.svg?1476640853

and

design/themes/responsive/media/images/icons/zoom_icon.png?1476658819

(500 different numbers) all starting with one of the above!

Has anyone any idea what this is and how to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Barry

block the /ajax_loader.svg? from being crawled in the parameters then gradually remove them all as they appear, they will drop out and not be indexed in future.

Aslo you could block in robots.txt

I could be wrong, but isn't the problem that the reference to the files is being found in the html but they can't load the resource (probably because they are already blocked by robots.txt or other means)?

Hi

Thank you both for your time in replying.

I'm not sure where to block it John, if it should be blocked?

So if it is reading it in HTML Tony why is it causing problems for us, and wouldn't everyone have the same issue?

Not sure what to do, I only have this in my Robots.txt.....

User-agent: *
Disallow: /app/
Disallow: /design/
Disallow: /store_closed.html
Sitemap: https://www.equipetable.co.uk/sitemap.xml

Thanks again

Barry

Hi

Having thought about it, it is obviously blocked (as Tony said) in Disallow: /design/ in robots.txt and therefore (as Tony said) being read else where. Where?

Obviously if I get rid of the line in robots.txt it will resolve the issue but I'm not sure if I would be opening a can of worms for other issues as blocking design is there for a reason!!!!!

Regards

Barry

Not sure, my understanding is that you dont need them to be crawled, thus blocking them in google crawl parameters tells google not to bother so aids in it thinking you have non interesting/useful/relevant content.

You do ghve to be careful what you block but its a useful tool when used right. FOr instance I had thousands of duplicate pages as google was crawling, each page in each currency etc, I blovked and now my site relevence/duplicate content has improved.

Hi John

That's answered my question!

I will block in Google parameters and let you know.

Thanks

Barry

You definitely don’t want to block /design/. Think of it from a user point of view…what would your site look like without a theme/template?

You definitely don't want to block /design/. Think of it from a user point of view...what would your site look like without a theme/template?

Hi

This is how it has been for as long as I can remember, basically it's the default robots.txt and doesn't interfere with the front end.

Thanks for your help

Barry

You definitely don't want to block /design/. Think of it from a user point of view...what would your site look like without a theme/template?

There should be no reference to "design" in the html. The templates are in design. Page references are always either an SEF name or via a controller (dispatch=somecontroller.somemode).. The structure of cs-cart is to put addon and 3rd party imagery in desgin/frontend/your_theme/media directory structure.

In reality, the only references into the design directory from smarty compiled html would be in the desgin/[your_theme]/media directory. So you should remove any:

Dissallow: /design

line you have in your robots.txt.

The default robots.txt:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /app/
Disallow: /store_closed.html

Tony is correct...only theme images would be blocked.

Hi

I have removed as you both suggested.

I only had it because that was what I found here when we first set up.

Thanks will see what happens.

Regards

Barry

Some v4 had design blocked on install, seems the latest dont

Some v4 had design blocked on install, seems the latest dont

Thanks John, I guess that's where I got it from and it's just stayed like that.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards

Barry