How To Disable All Forbidden Combinations?

We are frequently encountering 'forbidden combinations' which block us and our customers from adding a product option to their cart. This costs us sales in a way that is rarely noticed.

But we never use forbidden combinations. There seems to be some bug or configuration error.

Is there a way to turn this function off completely?

There is the Exceptions type setting on the Update product page.

Exceptions type—select a type of the product option exceptions:
  • Forbidden—customers won’t be able to select the combinations of option variants. You can specify those variants under Forbidden combinations on the Options tab.
  • Allowed—customers will only be able to select the combinations of option variants. You can specify those variants under Allowed combinations on the Options tab.

Are you sure that the second variant is not selected in your case?

If a variant is out of stock then it should not be visible. This is why the exception type its set to forbidden.

I dont know why there should be a list of 'forbidden combinations'. Is this some awkward way of handling the hiding of variants?

If the product variant is back in stock then it is no longer hidden. Which is good. But it often happens that the variant is then listed as a forbidden combination.

If a variant is out of stock then it should not be visible. This is why the exception type its set to forbidden.

I dont know why there should be a list of 'forbidden combinations'. Is this some awkward way of handling the hiding of variants?

If the product variant is back in stock then it is no longer hidden. Which is good. But it often happens that the variant is then listed as a forbidden combination.

Actually I have not solution for this. It is required to examine the code thoroughly. May be another developer will offer something here

I also have issues with this. Even worse, it will allow a customer to check out with a product with an option but then remove it from the order after he paid and after the forbidden combination was created. So, now I have a payment for one amount and then an invoice in the shop missing items! And it's not easy to add them back to the invoice, because it keeps wanting to create forbidden combinations after you delete them. Ugh! Did you find a solution P-Pharma?

We installed an addon from dvs.gr that made forbidden combinations on out of stock to hide them, not only did it cripple the CPU on a busy website, it created thousands of orphan forbidden combinations, I've now looking for a solution on this too

We installed an addon from dvs.gr that made forbidden combinations on out of stock to hide them, not only did it cripple the CPU on a busy website, it created thousands of orphan forbidden combinations, I've now looking for a solution on this too

Please pay attention to our free Hide Out Of Stock Variants module. It does not add forbidden combinations to database as other similar addons do

Hi eComLabs, We have moved over to you addon, it does a great job, and performance of the cart isn't suffering.

Any idea how to remove any forbidden combinations from the database via mysql?

Stephen

You can clear the cscart_product_options_exceptions table in the database