Notification about registration of new customer

1. Is there any way to send a notification to a shop owner/administrator when a new customer/user registered?

2. And to send a notification when an order was made but was not paid yet for some reasons (so called “Open” orders).

As a matter of fact there are some payment systems (2Checkout is among them) when payment is made but a customer does not return to the site and order “hangs” as is marked as “Open”, that is uncompleted.

I would also like that feature notification to a shop owner/administrator when a new customer/user registered

This is where the nswco sms mod came handy! Unfortunately, it doesn’t work in 1.3.5. Anyhow, depending on the email address you have on your site admin, that email will always get notification when a new user register. Make sure you fill out the emails field in the admin area. Same as new order…

[quote name=‘techman’]depending on the email address you have on your site admin, that email will always get notification when a new user register. Make sure you fill out the emails field in the admin area. Same as new order…[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the answer. I checked this.

1. A notification about a new user registration is sent if only he/she selected during registration process “Signup for membership:” for signing up to a membership group. If it is left by default “Not a member” no note is sent to the admin

2. Orders in incomplete statuses - that is not paid yet are not sent to the admin. At least in my case, I learn all settings and could not find how to enable this. I will be grateful if you give me a hint on this.

Before I used OsCommerce and I installed these modules to get notifications about new user registrations and about so called pending orders

[quote name=‘tmv’]1. A notification about a new user registration is sent if only he/she selected during registration process “Signup for membership:” for signing up to a membership group. If it is left by default “Not a member” no note is sent to the admin[/QUOTE]

I would report this as a bug in the Bug Tracker. It seems like there should always be an option to be notified whnever a user signs up.

[QUOTE]2. Orders in incomplete statuses - that is not paid yet are not sent to the admin. At least in my case, I learn all settings and could not find how to enable this. I will be grateful if you give me a hint on this.

Before I used OsCommerce and I installed these modules to get notifications about new user registrations and about so called pending orders[/QUOTE]

I am not sure that the developers will see this as a bug - their view may be that there is no reason to notify about orders since they are not shippable. I would make a feature request that emails be sent on these orders since they are still actionable. Perhaps suggest that email addresses be specified in Order Statuses so there would be more granularity for emails to be sent and to what email address.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I would report this as a bug in the Bug Tracker. It seems like there should always be an option to be notified whnever a user signs up.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Actually this is not a bug in common sense, this is just a strange logic of dev team. Membership in CS-Cart has dual meaning

1. User may want to request to become a customer or a partner.
  2. User as a customer may want to became a wholesale buyer, just one-time buyer or whatever a seller can make. This is important as depending on membership this is possible to assign special discounts. This way of groups is made in Shop-Script

How to manage in one field these two different types of memberships? Or do I understand wrong “membership”?

As to me I have only customers and made some membership groups - retail, wholesale, VIP. The in the file

/skins/your_skin/customer/profile_pages/profiles_account.tpl

I commented the line

{* {$lang.not_a_member} *}

so a new user always volendo nolendo as Italians say is assigned to a member ship group so an admin receives a note about registration of each user. This is rough but works

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

I am not sure that the developers will see this as a bug - their view may be that there is no reason to notify about orders since they are not shippable. I would make a feature request that emails be sent on these orders since they are still actionable. [/QUOTE]

Yes, this is not a bug. This would be good to have a setting like “Notify about pending orders” check/uncheck. As I wrote before there are orders which are unpaid on some reasons (actually shopping and payment is quite confusing for customers, different shopping carts and different payment systems act in different ways). For this case it would be useful for an admin to be notified about such orders, the admin can send additional instructions to a customer or to find out what was wrong - it may avoid losing money. I know that in this way works the German cart IXOO.

Of course this is possible to check from time to time the “Incomplete orders” but better to be notified by mail. I am not a programmer but I feel this is easy and simple to do

CS-Cart support team send me this solution

In the file

/core/fn_users.php

change

// Send notifications to customer

if ($notify_customer == ‘Y’) {

$user_data = fn_get_user_info($user_id, $profile_id);

$smarty_mail->assign(‘memberships’, fn_get_memberships(‘F’, $user_data[‘lang_code’]));

$smarty_mail->assign_by_ref(‘user_data’, $user_data);

fn_send_mail($user_data[‘email’], $settings[‘Company’][‘company_users_department’], ‘profiles/create_profile_subj.tpl’, ‘profiles/create_profile.tpl’, ‘’, $user_data[‘lang_code’]);

}

to

// Send notifications to customer

if ($notify_customer == ‘Y’) {

$user_data = fn_get_user_info($user_id, $profile_id);

$smarty_mail->assign(‘memberships’, fn_get_memberships(‘F’, $user_data[‘lang_code’]));

$smarty_mail->assign_by_ref(‘user_data’, $user_data);

fn_send_mail($user_data[‘email’], $settings[‘Company’][‘company_users_department’], ‘profiles/create_profile_subj.tpl’, ‘profiles/create_profile.tpl’, ‘’, $user_data[‘lang_code’]);

fn_send_mail($settings[‘Company’][‘company_users_department’], $settings[‘Company’][‘company_users_department’], ‘profiles/create_profile_subj.tpl’, ‘profiles/create_profile.tpl’, ‘’, $user_data[‘lang_code’]);

Does anyone knows how to fix this on CS-Cart V4? Thank you!

need too.

I like to know too for version 4.3.x

Thank you in advance

Frank