• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paypal Paid Orders Status Incomplete Rate Topic   - - - - -

• E.Qi.Librium
  • Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:41 AM #1

Hi,

I'm having a problem with some orders paid with paypal, the thing is that the customer creates the order, the status is "Open", then he or she pays the order, the order status is set to "Processed", but then, and I have a lot of customers that do this, when they are redirected to the order dettails somehow they think it was not paid (maybe because the order dettails scrolls down to payment methods making the client think it's not paid yet) and they decide to pay for it again, here it's the problem, PayPal sets the order status to "Incomplete" and I can't see these orders unless I remember to llok for incomplete orders and also, the stock is not reserved, is there a way to change the order status for the second payment attempt to open instead of incomplete?

Thnak you,

Tânia

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3245 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:48 AM #2

You should disable pay order again feature in order statuses for processed orders.

Hi,

I'm having a problem with some orders paid with paypal, the thing is that the customer creates the order, the status is "Open", then he or she pays the order, the order status is set to "Processed", but then, and I have a lot of customers that do this, when they are redirected to the order dettails somehow they think it was not paid (maybe because the order dettails scrolls down to payment methods making the client think it's not paid yet) and they decide to pay for it again, here it's the problem, PayPal sets the order status to "Incomplete" and I can't see these orders unless I remember to llok for incomplete orders and also, the stock is not reserved, is there a way to change the order status for the second payment attempt to open instead of incomplete?

Thnak you,

Tânia

• E.Qi.Librium
  • Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:59 AM #3

But it's not possible to disable the "Pay again" only for processed orders, I would have to deny the hability to pay again for orders that failed also, and I didn't want to do that.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3245 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:05 AM #4

What I mean

http://demo.cs-cart....s.manage&type=O

Processed

Maybe you got thicked "Pay order again" there..

• E.Qi.Librium
  • Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:12 AM #5

Oh that, no, it wasn't ticked for processed status, but I think this happens when paypal takes a few seconds to comunicate with the store and the order is still "Open", so I will temporarily solve it by not allowing to pay for order again for the "Open" status, this is not a perfect solution as many customers go back and try to change the payment method and they will not be able to do it anymore, but, it's the only way for now.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19155 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:58 PM #6

Oh that, no, it wasn't ticked for processed status, but I think this happens when paypal takes a few seconds to comunicate with the store and the order is still "Open", so I will temporarily solve it by not allowing to pay for order again for the "Open" status, this is not a perfect solution as many customers go back and try to change the payment method and they will not be able to do it anymore, but, it's the only way for now.

Actually if they do not complete PayPal transaction and back to the store, the corresponding order will not have the Open status. The Open status is set by PayPal script after the customer is redirected back to the store, but IPN response is not received yet. So do not worry about that.

But note that offline payment methods also use the Open status.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3245 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:23 AM #7

If they get back by clicking return to merchant probably open is not being created but if they hit go back on browser then open can be created..

Actually if they do not complete PayPal transaction and back to the store, the corresponding order will not have the Open status. The Open status is set by PayPal script after the customer is redirected back to the store, but IPN response is not received yet. So do not worry about that.

But note that offline payment methods also use the Open status.

• E.Qi.Librium
  • Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:38 AM #8

If they get back by clicking return to merchant probably open is not being created but if they hit go back on browser then open can be created..

Exactly, and then they will not be able to click the "Pay again" for this order ...  

• gijoy
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:02 PM #9

Is this still not fixed? I have a couple Paypal orders per month that go from Paid to Incomplete for no reason at all.