Cs-Cart 4.4.1 Alpha Is Available For Partners

Hello!

CS-Cart 4.4.1 is currently under development and coming this fall. But the alpha version is available for CS-Cart developers already now. In CS-Cart 4.4.1 Alpha, we’re presenting two major features: the new logic of themes and the email notification and document editor.

Participate in the alpha testing to explore them.

This is a closed alpha—only our partners can access the testing. To enroll, do this:

• Leave a request in Help Desk saying you want to participate in the alpha testing. We’ll assign you to the Beta Testers user group.

• After you receive a user group confirmation, go the the File area page of your Help Desk account. Open the Beta Testing folder and download the CS-Cart 4.4.1alpha installation package from there.

If you participate, please review these two features mentioned above: the new logic of themes and the email notification and document editor. We gotta know they work fine and don’t need serious refactoring.

You’re welcome to discuss CS-Cart 4.4.1 Alpha and report bugs in this topic. Thanks!

Others can check dev demo here http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com

I personally think document editor is misleading title. Actual editing changed cannot be saved. Had high hopes for this addon but not any longer, basically all these changes allow to modify invoice template, but if you will need to change product title or add some additional details to customer information, changes cannot be saved!

Whats even worse, you can never be sure if last view of invoice you seen will be exact same if you check it some times later, as store changes like currency update, secondary currency update, lang variable change may interfere with invoice.

For example this addon

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/site-management/easy-invoice-management.html

allows not just for changes to be saved but also no store changes actually can impact invoice unless you use regenerate invoice feature!

Others can check dev demo here http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com

I personally think document editor is misleading title. Actual editing changed cannot be saved. Had high hopes for this addon but not any longer, basically all these changes allow to modify invoice template, but if you will need to change product title or add some additional details to customer information, changes cannot be saved!

Whats even worse, you can never be sure if last view of invoice you seen will be exact same if you check it some times later, as store changes like currency update, secondary currency update, lang variable change may interfere with invoice.

Darius, don't be so sceptic.

We left editing of order invoice as is (I mean editing of compiled invoice) just because we are not sure how to implement this feature.

So there will be changes and I'm open for the discussion.

I know that you wrote about this several times in our previous discussion. But I would like to get your thoughts on this keeping in mind our current implementations of email notifications and docs management.

Hello

if we start with new design maybe need to work to add to blocks option resize them to full wight like banner block, HTML bloks and menu Bloks

Still no live search… Its the first thing customers use.

How about you all stop with addons for a bit and fix the ebay addon. That would be great. I am about to jump ship to another cart that uses it. This is getting ridiculous, going on 2 years now with a useless ebay option that every other big cart out there has that is fully functional.

I hope the devs are doing something about fixing the shipping estimating.

Current versions are not using volume based quotes based on the actual items being shipped. They are simply sending whatever size box is defined in the shipping method. CS-Cart is also asking for all the shipping methods again, every time the cart is refreshed - even if the shipping hasn't changed. It is very slow if you have several methods, even if they are not being used.

These are major issues that affect all stores that ship.

Jack

Well, progress is very slow not much has changed in past 2 years

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/35962-brief-historytimeline-of-cs-cart/

go to discuss here about new design

good idea with editing invoices, packing slip and mail

work great' if be option change it to each language separately this be a very helpfully