Unit Tests For Cs-Cart

Hi there,

Curious if anyone knows of any unit tests that exist for CS-CART. Thought they might be useful to test that nothing from the core is broken when adding new modifications via hooks in CS-CART controllers.

Thanks,

Nathan

Hello ,

cs cart has no unit test but if you want to know the error after modifying hooks you can know that by making following modifications:

1.Go to config.local.php and change ini_set('display_errors', 0); => ini_set('display_errors', 1);

2.Go to config.php and uncomment below mentioned 2 lines :

define('DEBUG_MODE', true);

define('DEVELOPMENT', true);

Hope this helps

Ok, thanks... not really having any issues debugging, more interested in how I can maintain confidence in the stability of CS-CART during development.

I know I have seen them in an earlier installation of CS-CART, but I can't remember which version I think it was some iteration of v3. I wonder if the developers would consider releasing them for those who are interested in running them against the core while additional functionality is developed...

Of course we should then write our own tests as we add our own features, but to have this base set of tests to work from would be beneficial.

Ok, thanks... not really having any issues debugging, more interested in how I can maintain confidence in the stability of CS-CART during development.

I know I have seen them in an earlier installation of CS-CART, but I can't remember which version I think it was some iteration of v3. I wonder if the developers would consider releasing them for those who are interested in running them against the core while additional functionality is developed...

Of course we should then write our own tests as we add our own features, but to have this base set of tests to work from would be beneficial.

I don't think you could find unit tests in production package.

We have Unit test, the code coverage actually is low ~10%.

We using Continues Integration practise and each commit we make to CS-Cart git repo we run all the tests.

Unfortunately we do not give away the unit tests at the moment, but I hope in the nearest future when we provide developers with access to CS-Cart github repo, they will be able to run these tests too.

I don't think you could find unit tests in production package.

We have Unit test, the code coverage actually is low ~10%.

We using Continues Integration practise and each commit we make to CS-Cart git repo we run all the tests.

Unfortunately we do not give away the unit tests at the moment, but I hope in the nearest future when we provide developers with access to CS-Cart github repo, they will be able to run these tests too.

Hello Mr. Makarov,

We are considering adopting CS-cart Multi-Vendor as the base of our marketplace platform.

I am concerned about the reliability of the system, as it relies heavily on third-party add-ons, and any third-party add-on could break the code.

I would like to know whether there are any functional tests for the system.

Add-ons affect functionality, and breaks in certain functional tests for the core would be expected (in fact required), but at the same time, they shouldn't affect the functionality of the system outside their scope; functional tests for the core could be used to test both of these scenarios.

Whether that is the case or not, I don't know when/if the tests would be released. Please let me know what the best practices are in maintaining a stable deployment of CS-cart while introducing upgrades and new features to the system.

Hello,

Are there any plans to make the tests public?

Any plans to ever provide a Unit Testing framework that actually works with CS-Cart or make it testable? I see there hasn’t been an update since 2020

Hello!

Our developers use the PHPUnit for unit testing, however there is currently no intention to make these tests and their configuration publicly available.