• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Email And Document Template Editor In Cs-Cart 4.4.1 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11180 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:16 PM #41

@Darius, you can edit invoices, you just can't have an addon automatically add information via hooks (or other means).  To use that data in invoices, you will need to manually manage the data within the email editor.

The issue is the impact to addons and the "cost" of using the new feature as it relates to what is given up.  If you don't use 3rd party addons that add/modify info in your invoice then there will be no pain.  But if you use addons that modify order information and display that in the invoice you will need to manually enter those changes into your editable invoices.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3231 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:39 AM #42

I am currently using this addon for editing and printing invoices

http://marketplace.c...management.html

it 100% satisfies my needs of text editing, all rest changes are done using hooks.

I am afraid that on 441 I will not be able to do that..

@Darius, you can edit invoices, you just can't have an addon automatically add information via hooks (or other means).  To use that data in invoices, you will need to manually manage the data within the email editor.

The issue is the impact to addons and the "cost" of using the new feature as it relates to what is given up.  If you don't use 3rd party addons that add/modify info in your invoice then there will be no pain.  But if you use addons that modify order information and display that in the invoice you will need to manually enter those changes into your editable invoices.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11180 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:57 AM #43

Can you explain how you are using hooks with the editor?

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:04 AM #44

441 may be a disaster, no go if I will not be able to use third party invoice addon.  Not being able to edit or print invoice will make 441 useless. I really hope cs-cart invoicing addon will not be like ebay addon neither complete neither incomplete for last 2 years...

You will be able yo use third party add-on. Add-ons can add snippets, variables or own documents. 

You can print invoice. as for the editing it - this is still under consideration.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:16 AM #45

I would like to split discussion in to two sections.

http://demo.cs-cart....s.manage&type=O

Please note that order and invoice numbers are unique sequential, not related numbers even they both are for same order.

1. Status O Invoice/Credit memo - Default / Order

Is basic order summary of order, may contain order status, details for offline payment or what ever you want. Basically it can be treated as proforma or invoice for payment, or a packing slip.

2. Status C Invoice/Credit memo - Invoice

It is a document that got a legal power. One copy goes to customer one for sellers accountant then to tax man. Copies must 100% match and hold all credentials that individual country tax man request.

Now is speaking about "2. Status C Invoice/Credit memo - Invoice" I am expecting following:

We added a new document: Order details. 

So now there are two documeтts:

order details - this will be included into email notifications about statuses - in other words order summary.

invoice - in default we will attach it to some order notifications as a PDF. This will also be printed on order page when you click print invoice or print PDF invoice.

So the workflow looks like this:

- customer places order and receive notifications about the order - in this email he sees "order details" taken from the document with this name.

- once admin changes order status to Processed or Completed (configured at email notifications) customer receives a email notification similar to the previous one, but it also includes PDF attachment of invoice.

In future we plan that add-ons will be able to add it's own documents, it can be for example "EU proper invoice":) - so after you install such add-on you just need to change email notification to include proper notification or PDF attachment.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3231 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:33 AM #46

Hooks override

invoice_customer_info.override.tpl

items_list_row.override.tpl

product_info.override.tpl

but by then I did not know I can override whole invoice.tpl what would be much easier for me :)

with those above I remove third column for customer info, I need only billing and shipping columns. I also remove sku, tax column from product list. Tax is calculated only in final step, all products are listed without tax, major part of customers are export tax exempt.

My invoice is hardcode mess, I got if statements to change invoice title from proforma to commercial invoice..

I also have if conditions for tax, seonid eu vat exempt completely eremoves tax field out of invoice if person has valid tax number, so for that I use something like

{if $order_info.taxes}
                {foreach from=$order_info.taxes item=tax_data}
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px 10px; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial;">{$tax_data.description}&nbsp;{include file="common/modifier.tpl" mod_value=$tax_data.rate_value mod_type=$tax_data.rate_type}{if $tax_data.price_includes_tax == "Y" && ($settings.Appearance.cart_prices_w_taxes != "Y" || $settings.General.tax_calculation == "subtotal")}&nbsp;{__("included")}{/if}{if $tax_data.regnumber}&nbsp;({$tax_data.regnumber}){/if}:&nbsp;</td>
                    <td style="padding: 5px 10px; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial;">{include file="common/price.tpl" value=$tax_data.tax_subtotal}</td>
                </tr>
                {/foreach}
		{else}
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px 10px; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial;">{__("vat")}:&nbsp;</td>
                    <td style="padding: 5px 10px; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial;">{include file="common/price.tpl" value=$tax_data.tax_subtotal}</td>
                </tr>
                {/if}

snippets here would come handy.

Can you explain how you are using hooks with the editor?

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3231 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:44 AM #47

I am not quite sure about whole sending idea. Please note that Completed is the status when admin acknowledges that payment is received and documents are prepared to be included, in other words Completed is the status where

Invoice/Credit memo : goes to Invoice from Order

Meaning Processed -> Completed generated Invoice number (that is diferent from order number) that I want to be on the invoice prior to editing it.

- once admin changes order status to Processed or Completed (configured at email notifications) customer receives a email notification similar to the previous one, but it also includes PDF attachment of invoice.

I think sending PDF by email if you want should be just a checkbox. I imagine PDF should be located in front end order details page where it is now. Downloading invoice or sending by email is just a backup plan, in real world paper invoice should go with the parcel.

Also cannot say for whole EU law, but there are two kinds of invoices, VAT INVOICE and regular INVOICE. Second one is used for enterprise or individuals whoos turnover is very small and they do not need to register for VAT number. However regular invoice cannot be issued without sellers business owners hand signature!

The solution too all is just for store admin to have more control in setup.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3231 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:59 AM #48

That is great. So I guess I only need PDF invoice sending to be optional, way to enable or disable this.

You will be able yo use third party add-on. Add-ons can add snippets, variables or own documents. 

You can print invoice. as for the editing it - this is still under consideration.

How I see this, best solution provides cart-power, please check this addon

http://demo7.cart-po...emo_admin_url=3

They use "invoice templates" they can be created, deleted, (restored to default state?).

Design -> Doducments

would contain create new template. Below templates are pre built default templates that can be restored at any point cannot be deleted

• Invoice
  • Packing slip
  • Order details

Now in admin.php?dispatch=statuses.manage&type=O

you just select template from drop down.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11180 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:02 PM #49

So now there are two documeтts:

order details - this will be included into email notifications about statuses - in other words order summary.

invoice - in default we will attach it to some order notifications as a PDF. This will also be printed on order page when you click print invoice or print PDF invoice.

And please confirm that this new functionality will be in both the base (original email mechanism based on smarty templates that provides hooks) and the new (which doesn't support addons).

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11180 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:06 PM #50

Hooks override

invoice_customer_info.override.tpl

items_list_row.override.tpl

product_info.override.tpl

Okay, I guess you were using the cart-power editor and not the new one.  Hence my confusion.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:29 AM #51

And please confirm that this new functionality will be in both the base (original email mechanism based on smarty templates that provides hooks) and the new (which doesn't support addons).

Negative.

The old templates notifications and documents work exactly as before. There will be no changes.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:30 AM #52

That is great. So I guess I only need PDF invoice sending to be optional, way to enable or disable this.

There is this feature. I recommend you take a look at demo: dev.demo.cs-cart.com/admin.php

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3231 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:44 AM #53

Yes I was talking about cs-carket addon

Okay, I guess you were using the cart-power editor and not the new one.  Hence my confusion.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3231 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:49 AM #54

Cant find this setting?

There is this feature. I recommend you take a look at demo: dev.demo.cs-cart.com/admin.php

nevermind, found it.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11180 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:10 PM #55

Negative.

The old templates notifications and documents work exactly as before. There will be no changes.

Disappointing that you will not be maintaining both methods.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:38 AM #56

Disappointing that you will not be maintaining both methods.

Actually that what we are going to do. We will maintain both new and old email notifications.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:59 PM #57

I did find  the default Supplier Notification template to be a little lacking in fore-thought from a "supplier order" perspective. Whilst Ive been able to edit the supplier invoice and Ship to snippets under "documents", it would be nice to have a more "supplier friendly" layout as a start point.

1. There's no point including in the Social Icons/Links, And displaying "Thank you for using our shopping cart." text in supplier emails with have the pick-n-pack staff scratching their heads.

2. It would be very useful to have a field for Account Number (reseller account number registered with the supplier) ... this is more a Supplier Profile issue Ive been banging on about for years!

3. Heading says "Invoice" but this is not an invoice, it's a Purchase Order.

4. No Order Number shown in body.

5. For the Supplier to ship the customer email and phone number is required for australia post and couriers

Great to be able to more easily edit/add this stuff, but was a bit peeved at having to change over 60% of the layout.

• Takestock
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:49 PM #58

HI

I am on version CS-Cart 4.4.2 ultimate, but this feature is not available, is it a payed add on?.

Alan

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11180 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:00 PM #59

You need to enable it on the bottom of the Settings/Appearance page.  Doesn't look like it's available for MVE (at least not my MVE)

• Takestock
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:08 PM #60

You need to enable it on the bottom of the Settings/Appearance page.  Doesn't look like it's available for MVE (at least not my MVE)

Thanks EZ, You would think they would include that in the documentation.

Alan