• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Non Cs-Cart Template Is Easiest To Convert To Cs-Cart Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:10 AM #1

What non CS Cart template is the easiest to convert for use by CS Cart ?|

Magento ?

PrestaShop ?

OpenCart ?

This question I ask is for perhaps future wants.

running CS Cart V4.10.3.SP1 

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1453 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:16 AM #2

What non CS Cart template is the easiest to convert for use by CS Cart ?|

Magento ?

PrestaShop ?

OpenCart ?

This question I ask is for perhaps future wants.

Hi 

this is no problem . You can turn any platform to CS-Cart. Its ruther a matter of extra addon to achieve the same look.

We can do almost any platform, also wordpress or joomla+vm 

CSCart.biz

Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:24 AM #3

Good to know but I presume where CS Cart themes are still deficient in is in the support for Typography and Menu's that just make your site look so much better. 

Coolbaby by TonyThemes is made for CS Cart but there is a lot I do not like about this particular theme but at least it has this support for typography.

See this image I included

Attached File  typography.jpg   126.63KB   4 downloads

I wish there was an easy way for a noob like me to implement this typography for the theme I use which is the Graceful theme.

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1832 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:37 AM #4

Good to know but I presume where CS Cart themes are still deficient in is in the support for Typography and Menu's that just make your site look so much better.

Coolbaby by TonyThemes is made for CS Cart but there is a lot I do not like about this particular theme but at least it has this support for typography.

See this image I included
attachicon.giftypography.jpg

I wish there was an easy way for a noob like me to implement this typography for the theme I use which is the Graceful theme.

Typography can be added easily using addon and please feel free to contact us here.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21367 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:08 PM #5

As always, our team is also at your service

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Jacek
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:44 AM #6

Most of modern e-commerce templates are based on Bootstrap 3 and typography is handled by this framework by default. Cs-cart responsive layout is based on bootstrap 2 and converting themes from other systems is painful. That is why I hope that boilerplate project will be polished and soon default theme will be based on it. It would also help to get rid of jquery UI. I believe that this would speed up theme development process and attract more developers to create cs-cart themes.

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:07 AM #7

As always, our team is also at your service

As always you guys are on my short list of developers, you know that.

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:14 AM #8

Most of modern e-commerce templates are based on Bootstrap 3 and typography is handled by this framework by default. Cs-cart responsive layout is based on bootstrap 2 and converting themes from other systems is painful. That is why I hope that boilerplate project will be polished and soon default theme will be based on it. It would also help to get rid of jquery UI. I believe that this would speed up theme development process and attract more developers to create cs-cart themes.

Jacek, you write "converting themes from other systems/platform is painful". Is that as in very costly process in terms of hours needed to convert and or hiring fees and what about just adding typography to a current bootstrap 2 based theme ?

I do not see us at this point in time postponing with any modifications and wait for the availability for boilerplate template if this also requires to upgrade our store to version beyond V4.3.9. We are on V4.3.8 as we speak.

PS those typographic elements as columns and various other element surely make a CS Cart store more attractive but as just everyone here, the economy is not growing  here for us right now so is our budget not unlimited

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1453 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:20 AM #9

Jacek, you write "converting themes from other systems/platform is painful". Is that as in very costly process in terms of hours needed to convert and or hiring fees and what about just adding typography to a current bootstrap 2 based theme ?

I do not see us at this point in time postponing with any modifications and wait for the availability for boilerplate template if this also requires to upgrade our store to version beyond V4.3.9. We are on V4.3.8 as we speak.

PS those typographic elements as columns and various other element surely make a CS Cart store more attractive but as just everyone here, the economy is not growing  here for us right now so is our budget not unlimited

All the changs I see in the image you posted above are pure css which are not so hard to do. All you need is a firebug and a minimum knowledge of the div structure n CS-Cart and you can maek it happen.

Fotis

Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:15 AM #10

All the changs I see in the image you posted above are pure css which are not so hard to do. All you need is a firebug and a minimum knowledge of the div structure n CS-Cart and you can maek it happen.

Fotis

The structure of CSS in CS Cart is still a book not fully read by me Fotis.

But I am learning step by step.