• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs Found In Category Handling Of Cs-Cart On Admin/vendor Pages Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:07 PM #1

Hi,

I have found the following bugs in cs-cart. Please verify if my understanding is wrong.

1. The Category tree in admin is not behaving in a standard way. i.e. 

checking a parent doesn't check all children.

unchecking a parent doesn't uncheck all children.

2. Because of above behavior, it's possible to assign a vendor child categories but not parent category. In such cases, the child categories doesn't show up in vendor panel.

3. When a Vendor is disabled or in new state, it's users are still active. This is true for teh first default administrator of a new vendor as well.

Steps:

- Apply for a vendor account. It will create a new vendor entry with status "NEW".

- Now disable this vendor. Automatically a user is created in Active status. This user can login into website as well as vendor panel. This is wrong.

- Now inactivate a previously active vendor. It have no impact on any of it's administrator. This should be covered as well.

Please provide an acknowledgement as well as estimated time/version to fix these if applicable.

Regards,

Nikesh Goel

Regards,

Nikesh Goel

• harvester
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:52 PM #2

ok

i dont know why i cannot start new topic!!!

i have baght 3 cs cart licenses and i want some respect and support!

so i will post here and make it please new topic

i have a problem with the profile fields

i use profile filed for choosing a city BUT iwant the default option to be none...so the user MUST choose a city because all of them forget it and this is important because it depends for the delivery fees!

so please help me to solve this

thnx

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:43 PM #3

You will need to add to the bug tracker above.

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:32 AM #4

they will respond with "working as designed".  A parent can have products as well as sub-categories.  Hence, it only selects the products in that category.  It is a product picker even though you're specifying a category.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.