• You cannot reply to this topic

Product Options as Different Products Rate Topic   - - - - -

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:13 PM #1

Hi All,

So perhaps I'm missing something here, but this is what I'd like to do:

Product A has three color choices associated with it. I get how to add the color choices under product options, which works nicely and lets you do Product A "Yellow" etc.

The issue I have is that Product A Yellow has a unique product ID. I want the product options to change what product actually gets added to the cart, but have them all share the the same page. I don't want to create three instances of Product A for each color.

Is this making any sense? Is this what the product configurator is for? I played around with it a bit, but it seems a bit too robust for what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

B

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:23 AM #2

Select the Product Options tab of you item in Manage Products. Click the link for "Rebuild combinations" which will generate all the potential option combinations. You will be able to assign an individual product code for each combination and delete any unused option combinations.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:16 AM #3

Thanks for posting that! I don't think I would have figured that out by just clicking around.

One other quick question...Is there a way to not have a default option in the select box? In other words, force the user to make a selection and not have it default to anything.

Thanks,

B

• Page
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:44 AM #4

I have not really has a look at this yet - but one way is to make the first "product variant" in the drop down list say "please select" or something similar. So if it was a colour variant say the first "colour" would be "please select".

If you are tracking stock then just give it a value of 1,000 or something.

I have no doubt that it could be modded in some way to make this work better.

If you do this let me know so that I can have a look how it works.

(PM if it is not a full live working store)
*** Trying to help and trying to learn ***
Running an upgraded v135sp3 to v2.0.12 on live store(05/02/10) but not really right after update by Dr SnoRocket

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:03 PM #5

Hey Page,

Yes, I was thinking of something like that as well. I think the only issue there is that you could add the product to your cart with "Choose Color" as the color choice. Not the end of the world as you could just have that product code be the default code for whatever the main product image color is (if you show a black widget make the product code for "Choose Color" widgetblack, etc.).

I'll take a closer look and see if ther is a way to not let the user select certain varients or perhaps make them inactive??

Thanks,

B

EDIT: just testing something....

• Page
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:15 PM #6

Have a look at http://forum.cs-cart...read.php?t=3175

This could be adapted so that if the stock level was 999999 then the product could not be added to the cart.

Keep me posted if you make any progress.
*** Trying to help and trying to learn ***
Running an upgraded v135sp3 to v2.0.12 on live store(05/02/10) but not really right after update by Dr SnoRocket