• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Add A New Category, Goes To Store Closed Rate Topic   - - - - -

• susanpaz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:24 PM #1

When i login as admin and add a new category, it will not let me. When i hit the save button it takes me directly to "store closed". 

Please help!

I should add that the store is open and functioning, and everything else i've tried to do as admin is also working ok so far.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:24 PM #2

Do a "view source" on the store closed page and it will reveal the error at the bottom of the page.  The error is probably also in your php error_log file.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• susanpaz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:25 AM #3

Thank you. I did that and here is the result, although i'm not sure what it means or why it's happening?

<!--

Tygh\Exceptions\AException

Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)INSERT INTO cscart_categories (`status`, `company_id`, `usergroup_ids`, `position`, `timestamp`, `product_details_view`, `default_view`, `selected_views`, `product_columns`) VALUES ('A', 1, 0, 10, 1468987200, 'default', '', '', '')

Error at
app/Tygh/Database.php, line: 714

Backtrace
File:app/Tygh/Database.php
Line:359
Function:error

File:app/functions/fn.database.php
Line:130
Function:query

File:app/functions/fn.catalog.php
Line:2793
Function:db_query

File:app/controllers/backend/categories.php
Line:41
Function:fn_update_category

File:app/functions/fn.control.php
Line:680
Function:include

File:app/functions/fn.control.php
Line:451
Function:fn_run_controller

File:qlt_admin.php
Line:27
Function:fn_dispatch

-->

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:06 AM #4

Sounds like table corruption.  I.e. the insert_id within the table (which is automatically used and incremented) has been set to zero or the table needs repair or optimization.  The table in question is cscart_categories.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19954 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:49 AM #5

Please make sure that the category_id column has the auto_incerement property in the cscart_categories table

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• susanpaz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:43 PM #6

What would you recommend that I do?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:48 PM #7

Go into phpMyAdmin and verify that the auto_increment setting is correct (per ecom's suggestion).

Check that the table does NOT need repair.

Ask yourself why table settings would be changed (it wasn't the cart software).

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19954 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:48 AM #8

PM me temporary access to phpMyAdmin and we will check it

What would you recommend that I do?

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)