• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Migrating Data Form One Instation To Another Rate Topic   - - - - -

• d.ksiazek
  • Trial users
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:52 PM #1

I had a atypical problem, i have to migrate data like products, orders, clients, categories etc from one instation of store to another (updated)

At this moment we have a working instation of store (ver 4.2.2 )
and updated delveloping instation on ver 4.3.3.SP1

data on developing version is not actuall, we had to move actuall data from working store to updated dev instation.

Uptade working store to ver 4.3.3.SP1 is not possible becouse we made many changes at dev store ( at modules, template itd)

At this moment i've updated an actuall copy of working store on localhost to ver 4.3.3.SP1 (changes that we made in dev store are not implemented)

could you tell me is there any possibility to migrate only products, categories, orders, clients etc to dev. instation?

Is possible to transfer only part (with product, categories etc) of database form one shop instation to another?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18150 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:43 AM #2

I am afraid, in your case you can use only export/ import feature. But please note that small modification is required to the export users feature to add User id to the generated .csv file. Without this modification some orders can be assigned to customers incorrectly. If you need more details. please PM me

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• d.ksiazek
  • Trial users
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:47 AM #3

Hello, 

Thanks for reply, so i'll try to import / export products and let You know about result.

I have another question, did import / export keeps original product ID's and seo links? 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18150 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:11 PM #4

Hello, 

Thanks for reply, so i'll try to import / export products and let You know about result.

I have another question, did import / export keeps original product ID's and seo links? 

Another small modification is required to keep product_id. SEO names are transferred correctly even another ID is assigned to the product

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.